SiouxSports.com Forum

P Reusse blasts Gophers-Star Tribune today

terbele

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way...I need to figure out how to get a new updated pic on here for all you Gopher fans. My buddies and I take a Final Five pic every year...and since I lost a bet last year on the Sioux/Gopher game, I had to wear my friend's Golden Goophy jersey on Friday night. Ugh...

The pic, however, is a classic. The fans in our section that we've seen for 5 years now were dying laughing as they all know I am a Sioux fan. The ones who didn't know me looked at me like "what the hell?" when I stood up and went nuts when the CC Tigers took the ice!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw the Harrington Spear.  Cheap and dangerous.  And classless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a little surprised he went with the spear. His forte this season has been the open ice cross-check from behind.

I agree and im whizzed the NHL didnt do right by thier fans and settle up.At least ill be in Vegas the night of the NCAA final. Hey that might work in UNDs favor last time i was out of town for a NCAA final it was 2000l i was in Mexico it was sureal i payed this barkeep to keep searching for it and finally he found the game it was funny me and my son and 10 mexican guys standing behind us scratching thier heads asking whats a SOOOO? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All the Mexicans and Latinos and Hispanics that I teach pronounce it SEE-ox :0

Good idea, squirtcoach.  I, MafiaMan, being of sound mind and body, do hereby bequeath my hockey jersey collection to PCM, WPoS, and 01grad.  :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, as long as none of them are green! :)

BTW, many Gopher fans I know have been hoping to see Harrington benched for a while now...

WPoS

Good idea, squirtcoach.  I, MafiaMan, being of sound mind and body, do hereby bequeath my hockey jersey collection to PCM, WPoS, and 01grad.  :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what are you waiting for? JUMP!!! :)

I worry that the negative press the goofs are getting will only serve as motivation for them. I can just hear Donny-boy pumping up his troops saying "no-one thinks you should have the #1 seed--so go out there and prove it...."

On the other hand--I wonder if any players from Maine will remember a certain game at the Xcel a few years back? Payback would be sweet for them....

I have no problem with UM getting a 1 seed since it was based on the pairwise. Frankly, I think the bigger issue is why DU jumped ahead of CC when pairwise showed otherwise. Let's see, Bemidji State, UNH and Harvard vs. Colgate, Wisconsin and Michigan (in Michigan on an NHL sheet). What bracket would you pick? :0

One problem with the pairwise is that it does not factor in a hot team vs. a cold team. Wins in October and November count just the same as those in February and March. The Gophers played well enough to earn a #1, now let's see if they can back it up.

siouxcaddy, I forgot all about the payback theory from the 2002 title game. You're right, that would be sweet. PCM, hold the phone and don't dial 9-1-1 yet to report that jumper on the High Bridge...I think I'm stickin' around until at least Saturday afternoon. :0

mafia_man.jpg

Notice the Colorado College hat, though, teamsioux? I lost a bet on last year's title game to the guy on my left. Next year, he gets to wear my Sioux jersey for the first game UND plays in the Final Five. Let's hope it's the 7:00 pm semi-final vs Minnesota. :0

I'm not mad at the Gophers..I'm disappointed in the system...But quite frankly a team that doesn't stack up to it's "seed" won't last long anyway so really there isn't an issue as far as I'm concerned....Just pointing out a letter to the editor I came across in today's STRIB.

I'm not mad at the Gophers..I'm disappointed in the system...But quite frankly a team that doesn't stack up to it's "seed" won't last long anyway so really there isn't an issue as far as I'm concerned....Just pointing out a letter to the editor I came across in today's STRIB.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see BC taking it this year :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yah, right now the Gophs DON'T live up to the seed, but at the bginning of the year they did, and then some. It just happens that it all evens out that the last half they played slightly above .500 and the stats still had us in the 4th slot. In all reality, I don't think there will EVER be a way to pick the seeds that will make everyone happy and be 100% "fair".

BTW, wanna bet the letter writer WASN'T a Gopher fan?

WPoS

Gopher Fan here, but rational in my support of the team.

Reusse is not loved by many U of M backers here, but the fact remains, he's one of the most gifted, funny writers around this area. He DARES to say the unpopular at times, because, well, the unpopular is actually right on the mark.

I was surprised that a team that lost to both CC and UND could still be a #1 seed...and that, in essence, was the gist of Reusse's rant.

I will say this -- beyond venerable (but loathed) columnist Sid Hartman, there are very few true "homers" that write in the Twin Cities newspapers. Thankfully.