SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/UMD Final Wrap-Up

MafiaMan

Wow. Far and away the most impressive weekend the Sioux have had all season. Good power play last night, excellent scoring opportunities, and big-time goals (has there been a prettier individual move all season than Rory McMahon's do-it-myself'er after the face-off?). Plus, the Sioux managed to stay out of the penalty box, which is always a good thing. Nice work last night boys and nice work by Dave Hakstol and the coaching staff in getting the team prepared.

I think the Sioux could potentially do some damage at the Final Five. They will play either Wisconsin or Alaska-Anchorage coming off of a three-game weekend and playing on four days' rest. That could bode well for the men in green (or white if the Seawolves pull off the upset again). Plus I like their chances against CC in the afternoon bracket as opposed to playing DU. The Sioux definitely outplayed CC this season but have little to show for it. Maybe this weekend will change that. First things first though...get that play-in game out of the way.

I sure had fun at Joe Senser's last night. UMDDogz and Runninwiththedogs...thanks for inviting me to sit at your table. I had a lot more fun there than I would have by the door without the crowd. It's too bad the Bulldogs had such a disappointing season, but I'm sure Sandelin with have them back next year. 01grad and Reformed Gphr Fan, nice to meet you both as well. My apologies to the guys waiting for the girl in my avatar to show up. :lol:

See you at the Final Five!

Time to kick some @$$ this weekend at the Final Five. I am sure no one wants to play the Sioux right now. I think UND matches up well with the BADgers or UAA.

I am sure we woudl be ready for either team when we play one of them on thursday.

CC plays Minnesota so we would have to play Denver but you can't overlook thursday game.  This Final five I think is the strongest that has ever been with 3? number one seeds.  It is goning to be hard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hard for us, yes. Wisconsin is beatable (so is UAA if they upset UW). I'm thinking Masucko is going to be crying on Wooger's shoulders because no way does the Gophers beat CC.

I guess I see a CC/DU F5 Title game. However, anything can happen. I'm just going to have to settle for being along for the ride.

The Sioux would play DU in the evening game on Friday... correct?  I believe I heard Tim say that the "Minnesota" rule no longer exists and the #1 seed plays the winner of the play-in game.  Is this right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Irrelevant. Minnesota plays Friday evening until the times are announced saying other wise.

The Sioux would play DU in the evening game on Friday... correct?  I believe I heard Tim say that the "Minnesota" rule no longer exists and the #1 seed plays the winner of the play-in game.  Is this right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the #1 seed always plays the winner of the play-in game. But that has nothing to do with who plays when.

Minnesota always has, and likely always will, get to play the evening game for no other reason than for the WCHA to make money off higher attendance.

Didnt get to see the friday game, but sounds like they played in a similar form as last night. In my opinion, the Sioux played practically flawless hockey last night. Besides the one breakaway goal from a bad pass, the Sioux gave up very few scoring chances. They won all the races to loose pucks, finished checks, hit harder, killed penalties, scored on PP's, and moved the puck very well. The Massen/Canady/Fabian line had a great night too I thought, and Jordan Parise is playing like one of the best goalies in the country... 8 goals in the last 6 games? Very impressive. If the sioux keep playing this well they could be one of the hardest teams in the country to beat...

Well, I've got my Goldberg Bail Bonds keychain, so at least that part of the weekend was a success. Thanks Mafia Man!

I had a really great time, it was nice to meet MafiaMan, '01grad, and Reformed Gophr Fan, plus all the other cool people who don't post on here. Once again, Sioux fans were a total class act, only a little good-natured teasing from a few folks. Think if I'd been watching with Dirty BADger fans....