SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie

siouxnami

I think the level of play is similar to the USHL, plus there are no Green Bay to Lincoln or Indianapolis to Wichita bus rides :D .  I believe most of the teams in the BCHL are fairly close to each other, plus the scenery is a little nicer than the midwest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here are a couple of names to compare stats/play between The BCHL and the USHL:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=76337

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...pid%5B%5D=76545

I think the USHL is a more physical league and therefore more representative of the play in the WCHA (as opposed to other college conferences) and the NHL.

I think if a player can play a physical game, the stats between leagues would be very similar (i.e. Smith).

BTW, Wichita does not have a USHL team (Topeka used to) and what do you have against Midwest scenery? :D

The BC league is known throughout junior hockey as a scorer's paradise. It is VERY wide open. Skill levels in US Tier 1 and canadian tier 2 are very comparable. The tier 2 canadian provincial jr leagues like the BC, A and M generally have better talent than the USHL, simply because the majority of really talented hockey players are canadian, and these leagues are close to home for the kids. The USHL was primarily created to create a developmental system for NCAA hockey. The Canadian leagues often send players to Tier 1 (major junior) teams as well as college teams. A typical progression for a skilled player in the US is high school, USHL, NCAA. In canada you generally go bantams, tier 2 junior then to major junior or NCAA. Of course some kids go other routed ala Jamie Langenbrunner who went from Cloquet HS to Peterborough in the O.

My opinion is that the BCHL is as close to the USHL as a Canadian junior (not major) hockey league can get. I do think it is more offensively minded (as the hockeydb examples show plainly), but I wonder if it is just a sign of the difference between Canadian and American hockey.

Anyone know anything about Ben Bengston or Kyle Hardwick? I've heard a rumor that Bengston isnt too great of a player all that happens is Oshie finds him and bengston scores. Can anyone confirm or deny this? i am from central north dakota so i haven't seen any warroad games this year. Also Kyle Hardwick i've heard is one of the top D in the state, anyone know what his plans are for next year....has he committed anywhere?

I think there can be some difference between a "physical" league and a well played defensive league. I would suggest, based on what I read, that the BCHL is a very very physical league, unmatched by the USHL. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the overall level of play in the USHL is of a more rounded quality. Maybe a few less power plays too! :lol:

I think there can be some difference between a "physical" league and a well played defensive league.  I would suggest, based on what I read, that the BCHL is a very very physical league, unmatched by the USHL.  On the other hand,  I wouldn't be surprised if the overall level of play in the USHL is of a more rounded quality.  Maybe a few less power plays too!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"You boys played up in the Iron League. Lots of fights?" (Coach Dunlop)

"Nah, not really. Hey get me a soda...a grape or an orange...and none of that stinkin' root beer."(the Hanson's)