SiouxSports.com Forum

HIGH SCHOOL GOALIES

gfcnative64

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else is there? Stahl from Minot sounds decent, it would be interesting to see how he would do against moorhead like Mclean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

josh bruce from williston is depended on to stand on his head every time he steps on the ice and still has outstanding numbers also tony kringstad from grafton and bismarcks mike hillman has played extremely well and has been especially hot latley when his team is not healthy and he is counted on i was at the minot vss bhs game and the kid amazed me

from what ive seen the top goalers in the east are

Mclean SR. FS

Kringstad JR. GPR

Olson SR. GF RR

the top out of the west would have to be

Stahl SR. Minot (never though he could be a number 1, but proved me wrong)

Hillman SO. BHS

Bruce SR. Williston

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hillman ? he is to small and hasnt grown since bantams hes 5'6" 130 lbs and it seemed to me that he lost a step in his game, he was on the select team for 5 years and was selected to the festival a couple summers back but he isnt a standout like he used to i was not to impressed with his play this year and think hes to small and cant handle big game situations

Hillman ? he is to small and hasnt grown since bantams hes 5'6" 130 lbs and it seemed to me that he lost a step in his game, he was on the select team for 5 years and was selected to the festival a couple summers back but he isnt a standout like he used to i was not to impressed with his play this year and think hes to small and cant handle big game situations

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your evaluation of hilly is entirely incorrect, he normally plays on teams that couldnt win a game if their lives depended on it and with the ND select situation i was their for the 86/87 tryouts last year and watched the 88 group and it looked to me he was an obvious pick but Wade Storey didnt seem to think he was a "caliber" goaltender and as far as the to small thing goes youve got it all wrong his angles and qucikness are like no one elses and that makes up for his small stature . i dont think size means anytihing as long as you stop the puck he hasnt lost a step although i dont think hes the BEST goalie in the state but i think hes up there

your evaluation of hilly is entirely incorrect, he normally plays on teams that couldnt win a game if their lives depended on it and with the ND select situation i was their for the 86/87 tryouts last year and watched the 88 group and it looked to me he was an obvious pick but Wade Storey didnt seem to think he was a "caliber" goaltender and as far as the to small thing goes youve got it all wrong his angles and qucikness are like no one elses and that makes up for his small stature . i dont think size means anytihing as long as you stop the puck he hasnt lost a step although i dont think hes the BEST goalie in the state but i think hes up there

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i do not know alot about him just what other people have told me and i have not seen him play enough to tell you to much , ive only seen the tyke play in the west region tourny and he looked ok to me

i do not know alot about him just what other people have told me and i have not seen him play enough to tell you to much , ive only seen the tyke play in the west region tourny and he looked ok to me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hes to young and to inconsistent we will see what happens at state then i guess when he faces a STACKED red river team !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

South's record in ND without McClean 0-2

South's record in ND with McClean 15-0-1

McClean's GAA against ND competition 1.31

McClean's Save % against ND competition .923

You can give South's defence some credit for only allowing 17 shots on average over those 16 games, but Ben's stats speak for themself.

To answer someone's question a few pages ago. Deichert is south's backup and only a sophmore. Very talented, played in the Elite League this fall. Wilson says that Deichert has more talent then McClean, but wasn't ready at the begining of the year.

Should be a great weekend of hockey up the GF. :silly::D:D

Dehne had 335 more saves for the year than Olson. If your only criteria for being a good goaltender is total goals allowed than you have no concept of hockey as a TEAM game. Century had no all tournament selections for the West Region Tournament. Dehne has kept his team in the game despite being greatly outshot over the course of the season. Lets get our facts correct! Drrrrr

rosendahl would start for any other team in the state other than red river and south. that includes minot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find it interesting you rate him so high. Out of the few games he played in, only two of the games were against above .500 teams of which he lost one and tied the other.

he averaged 13 saves per game. Do you really believe that is being tested, of which there were not many quality shots.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are going to talk about hockey on this forum, you need to know about UND hockey. The UND goalies have let in several goals on 13 shots this year. It only takes one shot to score.

I find it interesting you rate him so high. Out of the few games he played in, only two of the games were against above .500 teams of which he lost one and tied the other.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although he has only played 8 games, his stats, 97.6% Save Pct. and a GAA of under .4 speak for themselves.

Although he has only played 8 games, his stats, 97.6% Save Pct. and a GAA of under .4 speak for themselves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The stats do speak for themselves as it relates directly to who he played . He did have a nice game against Minot as I was there. I think he had somewhere in the 30's in that game.I think almost half of his total came in the Minot game. However, 1 save against Shanley, does not prove him a top goaltender in the state.