SiouxSports.com Forum

HIGH SCHOOL GOALIES

gfcnative64

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

discard the bad part, who is the top netminder in the state ? stahl, olsen , mclean , bruce???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you were at the championship game last year with south and central, you would have seen some amazing saves from McLean. You will see even more this weekend. Hands down, even when he had two knee scopes last year, ankle sprain this year, and other problems, still blows everyone out of the water. Watch him this weekend., you will see. South has some good goalie depth.

if you were at the championship game last year with south and central, you would have seen some amazing saves from McLean. You will see even more this weekend. Hands down, even when he had two knee scopes last year, ankle sprain this year, and other problems, still blows everyone out of the water. Watch him this weekend., you will see. South has some good goalie depth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ben is an excellent goalie. I do not however agree that he blows everybody else out of the water. There are a number of good goalies in the state this year. One thing that Ben has going for him is supporting cast. Their first 4 d are as good as anybodies in the state and of course we know how good the rest of the forwards are by who got selected to the EDC tourn. team. When you are arguing who is the best in the state you better consider their supporting cast.

The best goalies I've seen in the state this year include:

Tyler Stahl-Minot

Ben Mclean-South

Tony Kringstad-Grafton

Nick Dehne-Century

Kelvin Shane-Central

Overall I'd have to say that the goaltending has been pretty solid around the state this season, every team had pretty consistent goaltending.

Tyler Stahl-Minot

Ben Mclean-South

Tony Kringstad-Grafton

Nick Dehne-Century

Kelvin Shane-Central

Overall I'd have to say that the goaltending has been pretty solid around the state this season, every team had pretty consistent goaltending.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O my. Nick Dehne? Eric Olson should definately be on this list. his goals against, w-l record (actually shane is 11-7-1 but whos counting) and save % are above both shane and dehne. ive been to many games this year and eric olson is one of the top goalies in the state. theres a reason that mclean and olson were the only two all-edc goalies. dehne has allowed more than double the goals olson has and has no business being anywhere near this list.

To all of you who say Ben Mclean is the best goalie in the state, I suggest you watch a few games and maybe you will see that he rarely faces a shot from inside the circles and his stats are still in no way superior to many other goalies in the state. He's not a bad goalie but to put him at the top of the state is a big strech. I would take about 3 goalies in the east region alone over him.

Tyler Stahl-Minot

Ben Mclean-South

Tony Kringstad-Grafton

Nick Dehne-Century

Kelvin Shane-Central

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dehne? he hasnt impressed me

i was at the west region tournament and the only goalies that stood out in my mind were Tyler Stahl from minot and Michel Hillman from bis high, stahl didnt see much rubber but when he did he made some nice saves and he covers alot of net as well, he has been consistantly good for minot throughout the year , as for Hillman the kid stood on his head for the demons in the championship game the score could have easily been 20-1 i figured he would have been lit up by minots Selk, Willert and company because his small frame but i pleasently suprised

To all of you who say Ben Mclean is the best goalie in the state, I suggest you watch a few games and maybe you will see that he rarely faces a shot from inside the circles and his stats are still in no way superior to many other goalies in the state.  He's not a bad goalie but to put him at the top of the state is a big strech.  I would take about 3 goalies in the east region alone over him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what goalies would you talk over ben

Okay, I can't remember who was bashing Dehne for giving up more goals than Olson, but Dehne has started pretty much every game for Century, where Olson has for the most part split time on a much better team. Century wouldn't be at the state tournament if it wasn't for how well he played against HB in the play in game. Century probably won't do a whole lot at the state tournament, but in the games I've seen him play he's been solid.

Okay, I can't remember who was bashing Dehne for giving up more goals than Olson, but Dehne has started pretty much every game for Century, where Olson has for the most part split time on a much better team.  Century wouldn't be at the state tournament if it wasn't for how well he played against HB in the play in game.  Century probably won't do a whole lot at the state tournament, but in the games I've seen him play he's been solid.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mclean is the best goalie in the state, i would definatly pcik him as my #1 pick, he has kept south in some vert tight games with his amazing saves.