SiouxSports.com Forum

Top Hockey Town . . . .

NorthDakotaHockey

Well now ain't this downright true . . .

HockeyTown USA

This said, there still isn't anything like going on the road following the good guys in the kelly green . . . .

Gotta get to Tech for the Winter Carnival sometime soon . . . .

Didn't UND used to do the big snow sculpture thing years ago, or do we still . . . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since UND/Grand Forks has experience Global warming according to the libs I suppose that is a reason we don't have them any more.

That list is right on the money. You can't compare Sioux hockey and The Ralph with any other program. I'm not saying UND has the best college hockey program in the nation (I really think they do however), but I'm saying it's the most unique and fascinating program in the nation.

Even with the team struggling this year I still look at other teams and say "God, I'm glad I'm a Sioux fan."

It is refreshing to see an outsider write what this guy did. I try to tell people down here in southern MN about the Sioux, but they accuse me of being a "homer". Hopefully this article will help people understand the tradition that is Fighting Sioux hockey. If you haven't been to GF to a Sioux game, you have to experience it, at least once in your life, at the Mecca on the prairie, just like the author said.

I was surprised to see Grand Forks as #1 over Boston. I would have thought Boston would be #1 for the reasons the article mentioned. I mean, all those college hockey venues in town... Yeah, it's Hockey Least or EZACHLSMFT, but... well... it's hockey at least.

I'm a Goph's fan since I was born.. plus I went to school there....(Now Live in Denver CO.)...but.. alot of my friends are from Grand Forks that live out here in Denver and we are going to make a road trip up there next year... I've never been to the new "Ralph" so I need to experience that... I've heard it's awesome...

Hopefully a classic Goph vs Sioux game!

Can't wait!

:lol:

Speaking of waitresses and their opinion of the forecheck as stated in the article,

I went to get my haircut today and the lady starts talking about the world juniors and how fun and exciting hockey it was to watch and how fast the skaters were, clean passes, etc and their forecheck....

Ok, I made the forechecking part up, but still :lol: