SiouxSports.com Forum

The Old Ralph

radionews

Saw a story on WDAZ news about the possiblity of tearing down the old ralph and putting up a track complex. Preliminry talks....look for funding etc. Is is being used for anything now? If they tear it down it would be neat if fans could buy some of the seats and whatever else is left. Man, i miss that place

I'd buy a green and a white seat. I always thought about going in there with a saw and cutting through the fiberglass plastic. I remember them talking about possible making it into a basketball venue, but the Betty has extinguished this notion.

I'm pretty sure it sits empty right now. They sold the boards and the ice making system.

I'd heard of talk of putting in an indoor passing facility for football at one time. But I'd also heard that it might be cheaper to tear it down and start from scratch.

Tear it down and leave it undeveloped for future EERC expansion. Build a "bubble" over Memorial Union and you have a indoor football practice facility and and indoor track (with remodeled surface to include banked corners to satisfy bisonfan0123) that could host meets.

Tear it down and leave it undeveloped for future EERC expansion.  Build a "bubble" over Memorial Union and you have a indoor football practice facility and and indoor track (with remodeled surface to include banked corners to satisfy bisonfan0123) that could host meets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Memorial Union?

How about Memorial Stadium?

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :(

when they took apart old Mariucci, they sold the "seats" (bench boards) and such, but if one waited one could go dumpster diving and get some for free...but mostly they tossed stuff out that wasn't going to be re-used....I am sure there would be plenty of you guys lookign to spend some ching on stuff from your old barn...lord knows I wished I did back in 92 for ours... :(

WPoS

Here's a bad idea.

Take the old benches out of the old Ralph, install them in the student seating in the New Ralph. There'll be more room for students on the lower level that way, and you'll carry over a little of the essence of the O.R.

Better yet, replace those comfy leather seats in the lower bowl and get the crowd into the game!

Here's a bad idea.

Take the old benches out of the old Ralph, install them in the student seating in the New Ralph.  There'll be more room for students on the lower level that way, and you'll carry over a little of the essence of the O.R.

Better yet, replace those comfy leather seats in the lower bowl and get the crowd into the game!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was my idea when they were building the new arena.