SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota State Women BB

redarmy

SDSU women's BB team is 12-4 this season in DI. They have beaten Alabama, Kentucky, Oklahoma State and Middle Tennessee. They were narrowly defeated by Big Ten power Purdue. If SDSU can compete at this level why not UND. Gene Roebuck is worried that he would have to play teams like Radford, University of Maryland Eastern Shores. So beit. Does he mean that these teams are easy wins If you want your program to become better, play better competition. Getting beat by SW State of Minnesota is awful, compared to SDSU getting beat by Purdue. Sure, you may have to play a majority of your games on the road, but it will pay off in the long haul. UND has to get with it. DI is the only option they have. If you like watching the Sioux play UMC, Bemidji, SW State and Mayville State, then the BB fans in the area should fill the arena. If not, don't watch them.

It's got to be a bittersweet time at SDSU. The women are doing very well, but the men are a dismal 2-11. While it probably shouldn't be all that surprising that they're struggling, I doubt most of their fans expected it to be quite this bad, as they're even 0-3 against dII opponents (all at home).

• 2 weeks later...
How about SDSU, Tennesse, Alabama, TCU, and Minnesota. All these teams will be coming to Fargo to play against Amy Ruley and the Bison in the upcoming two years. Or would you still rather play UMC, Bemidji, USD, Augie, and Mankato.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH YEAH!!! SDSU!!! THEY'RE LIKE...uhh...oh yeah...only 1 year removed from the NCC - just like YOUR TEAM!!! Hope your women fare better than your men against the Jacks :huh: BTW - Since the BIG MOVE - you've pretty much SUCKED against your SD rival....0-2 I do believe!!!

You might post a separate topic if and when you EVER beat a real DI school...that would be interesting and a real topic of conversation!!! OHH and write me if and when you ever play the teams you mentioned..don't think any schedule has been set yet...and IF you win...what does it mean?? Can you say "NOTHING" in the real world??? Get a conference (GOOD LUCK!) or get off our board....either one would make me happy!! :0:D:D

SDSU is better then any of those other D2 schools listed and is proving to be a solid D1 team. Minnesota has agreed to play NDSU and will come to Fargo in 2006-2007 season. Pat Summit gave Amy Ruley a verable agreement to come to Fargo and it was later reported during an NDSU womens game that they will be coming to Fargo next year. Alabama is playing NDSU becuase of the NDSU/SDSU scheduling partnership and will most likely come to Fargo next year or in two years. NDSU is playing TCU this year and I think TCU will return the favor in either of the two years,Cincinnati may also be coming to Fargo as well. And NDSU beat a real D1 school just the other day, Cincinnati. Cincy made the WNIT in 2004 and made the NCAA tourney in 2002 and 2003 - in 2003, they were the 10th seed and hosted the first two rounds.They have made the postseason each of the last seven years. Real enough for you?

Great win!! I realize that D1 women's bb has gotten a little better the last few years, but lets not forget that not more than 3 or 4 years ago, SDAU, NDSU, and UND were(and probably still are better than 20 or 25 of the teams that make the D1 national tourney....just keep it in perspective. The team that wins the Women's NIT(I can't believe they even have it) would not be a top 20 team in D2.

Kansas St and Manhatten for sure, along with some D1 mid majors. I think most of the 8 D1 teams NDSU played this year will make a return trip to Fargo. I think the games that could draw big crowds are Wisc GB and the U of MN. Wisc GB would give Koenig a chance to come back and play in front of his hometown and the U of MN has agreed to play NDSU whenever possible, so I think you will see a game against them in 2 or 3 years. No Tennesse on the schedule but still a decent line-up of D1 teams.