SiouxSports.com Forum

Who Will be missed the most

LyRoMaTo

Out of all the seniors that have left the sioux football team who do you think will be missed the most? I think that Adam Roland will be missed because the sioux will need to find a strong runner. And also the loss of caleb creates a hole at the receiver position. With Weber leaving and the loss of a goodfull back I would like to see who steps up during spring ball. The defense will be even better next year. With alot of seniors that will see alot of playing time?

I think Wisthoff and Hermes will be the two toughest guys to replace. Besides being very good players at their positions, they also were huge contributors on special teams. Wisthoff could pass block, run block, and catch the ball out of the backfield and that is going to be missed. Hermes had the combination of strength and speed needed to put pressure on the QB and that will be tough to replace also.

Out of all the seniors that have left the sioux football team who do you think will be missed the most? I think that Adam Roland will be missed because the sioux will need to find a strong runner. And also the loss of caleb creates a hole at the receiver position. With Weber leaving and the loss of a goodfull back I would like to see who steps up during spring ball. The defense will be even better next year. With alot of seniors that will see alot of playing time?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good points LyRoMaTo. Interesting name you have too. Is the "Ma" part of your user name writing nice things about your roommates? Very Clever...... :(

Watching him in all of the home and games and almost all of the road games over the past three seasons, I cannot recall a single instance where David Wisthoff missed a blocking assignment and several times when he got second and third level blocks after the initial seal. His kind of performance is going to be greatly missed and is very difficult to replace - he made short yardage almost a gimmee.

LennonIsTheMan

im really sorry to burst your bubble but i really have no idea what you are talking about. I live by myself so i dont know what you are talking about roomates. Also i live in arizona so i dont know how you think you know who i am. but i do think that roland will be the most missed on next years sioux team. i can see strouth really playing the same role he played this year. he is an amazing athlete but just doesnt have what it takes to run the ball 30+ times if called upon.

LennonIsTheMan

im really sorry to burst your bubble but i really have no idea what you are talking about. I live by myself so i dont know what you are talking about roomates.  Also i live in arizona so i dont know how you think you know who i am.  but i do think that roland will be the most missed on next years sioux team.  i can see strouth really playing the same role he played this year.  he is an amazing athlete but just doesnt have what it takes to run the ball 30+ times if called upon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you about Strouth. I think he is going to be one of our 2 backs, but probably not the feature back. Hopefully Beatty will get to play next year. I think that Ryan Manke will be badly missed. So many times teams had to throw away from him because his coverage was so good. I think that Jason is going to have to play well this year so he can become our shut-down corner.

Caleb Johnson has my vote. That guy was tough!!! During his first few years he was a walking turf burn and led most of the special teams. Just a gritty player. In the last two years he became a big play receiver for the Sioux. Whenever the Sioux needed a play they looked to him and he usually came through. The kid brought a toughness to the game, so he gets my vote!