SiouxSports.com Forum

Christmas Day Cafe's Open?

sprig

This article discusses complaints from local cafes/bars concerning the REA offering food, and now entertainment, during the WJC. It also reads that 15 cafes will be open on CHristmas DAy, but I"ve been unable to find a link that shows which one's those are.

It's unlikely we'll leave the REA to "search" for what's open between games on Christmas DAy. Anyone have any info/a link to what's open?

Only in Grand Forks do businesses complain when something like this comes to town. There are a crapload of people coming to Grand Forks, they aren't all gonna stay at REA to eat and be entertained. Businesses will only get more business then they typically would this time of year, what is there to complain about?

Only in Grand Forks do businesses complain when something like this comes to town.  There are a crapload of people coming to Grand Forks, they aren't all gonna stay at REA to eat and be entertained.  Businesses will only get more business then they typically would this time of year, what is there to complain about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because there is only one type of person who doesn't complain: the dead. No, I know we hear "But Bob would have wanted this." No, Bob's dead. He's not saying anything.

I think the bars should blame the hotels. They've jacked their prices so high that they can't even sell out. Just talked to a travel agent today who speaks with many Canadians and they have been saying it's too expensive to come down and stay. Most hotel bookings are actually regional people.

Is the Spud Bar open???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Spud Bar was lost in the '97 flood. Sigh. (so many of the old favs are gone: Frenchy's, Faces, the Antique, and help me here what was the name of the bar where Mike and the Monster's regularily played, next to the pink security building on N 3rd St.)

(Anyone else at the Spud/Whiskey River the night the drummer had flaming drum sticks and it got a little "hot" -- considering the terrible fire at the Rhode Island club last year probably lucky we're still alive and/or in one piece!)

Why in the world are they even playing on Christmas? That being said. no one should have to work on Christmas,Easter,Sundays,etc. if it conflicts with their religious beliefs. If you know anyone that works at one of these restaurants,bars,etc. and their employer is forcing them to work on Christmas,they can contact a religious rights organization that will defend their rights for free. They can be contacted at www.aclj.org. Some jobs,such as hospital workers,firemen,policemen,and others do not fall into this category.

i hear what you are saying and respect your opinion but the NBA, NFL are also playing on X-MAS. not sure if everyone has the same beliefs as you and to some people it does not even matter. golf courses are open on xmas here in az as well as many other places. i doubt people are forced to work, business usually ask many months before on who can work on x-mas and they go from there. can't wait to watch usa hockey on x-mas!!

Why in the world are they even playing on Christmas? That being said. no one should have to work on Christmas,Easter,Sundays,etc. if it conflicts with their religious beliefs. If you know anyone that works at one of these restaurants,bars,etc. and their employer is forcing them to work on Christmas,they can contact a religious rights organization that will defend their rights for free. They can be contacted at www.aclj.org. Some jobs,such as hospital workers,firemen,policemen,and others do not fall into this category.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hockey is a religion..............................

This article discusses complaints from local cafes/bars concerning the REA offering food, and now entertainment, during the WJC. It also reads that 15 cafes will be open on CHristmas DAy, but I"ve been unable to find a link that shows which one's those are.

It's unlikely we'll leave the REA to "search" for what's open between games on Christmas DAy. Anyone have any info/a link to what's open?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got a pizza from Mike's on the east side this weekend and they will be open on Christmas

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh, to each their own. In the Jewish religion, Friday sundown to Saturday sundown is a day of rest. Therefore, you shouldn't hold hockey games on those nights, date on Friday night, drink on Friday or Saturday, or do much of anything except attend religious services Friday night and Saturday morning.

Choose your battles. This battle would mean an end to many many things including the NFL and various other social and sporting events.