SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Griffins

siouxnami

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when we play the world jr. team tomorrow, are we going to rest our better players?  It will be just like the final five if you are in the play in game with 3 in a row.  Good practice for us in case we are in that situation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope not or UND will get beat.

Hakstol is happy with the effort tonite. A few breakdowns but consistent effort. Said the PP worked pretty well tonite, and 5x5 the guys did a good job moving the puck too.

Said Porter's line had a very good night. (I haven't heard who was on it.)

Zajac said he did tip the first goal. Sounds like it was credited to Fuher.

So when we play the world jr. team tomorrow, are we going to rest our better players?  It will be just like the final five if you are in the play in game with 3 in a row.  Good practice for us in case we are in that situation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what Hakstol said after the game, it appears as though they are treating this like a real game.

Who knows who is going to start in goal. Phil didn't know when he was interviewed whether he'd play or not. It's all speculation on a meaningless game.

I hope we can score a few goals and make it close.

Question is, in this case: Who do you root for? Can you root against USA? What do you expect from this game?

A more real question not regarding tommorrow's game: Do you think the Sioux will ever shut any team out? It seems like holding a team to 1 goal is as good as we can get. Now, don't get me wrong, a win is a win is a win, but it would be nice to see a shutout for Phil or perhaps JPar.

Hakstol is happy with the effort tonite.  A few breakdowns but consistent effort.  Said the PP worked pretty well tonite, and 5x5 the guys did a good job moving the puck too.

Said Porter's line had a very good night.  (I haven't heard who was on it.)

Zajac said he did tip the first goal.  Sounds like it was credited to Fuher.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure the Porter line was Genoway, Porter, Spirko. Although with the injury to Prpich they seemed to switch up the lines somewhat. The radio was a fun listen tonight...guests included Lamoreaux and Greene before the game, and the 1st and 2nd period guests were Scott Sandelin and Drew Stafford respectively. Greg Lotysz asked Stafford "hypothetically if you went on a date with a girl where would you take her" among other questions. Greene was pretty funny as well. Nice game by the Sioux. It's gonna be fun watching the WJC guys play tomorrow. I wonder how our guys will handle matching up against Stafford - hopefully they won't check him very hard...No more injuries PLEASE!!!

Hey guys, sorry I missed the game.

I guess whoever was pissed about the thread being UMD-heavy last night should be happy since Dogz was the only one posting.

Congrats on the win. Sorry we couldn't give you more help with Denver, but if recent history teaches us anything, we know that the 'Dogs can't hold a lead against the Pioneers.

Way to go forecheck, getting on camera! Were you in the gorilla suit? I was laughing so hard at the signs everyone was thinking up.

I think mksioux made an interesting point about MN putting up a lot higher numbers against Canisus, but who knows? Besides, it's NC so it's not like you have to use them to scare everyone else. It sounds to me (from what others on here have said) that the GGs have a decent guy between the pipes. Decent, you know, as far as East coast standards are concerned...

I'll try to check out the WJ game, I'm off tomorrow. YEAH!

Clearly men against boys tonight in overall play, but scoring is still a problem.  I can't help but think a team like Minnesota would put up double digits against a team like Canisius at home.  But it's always nice to get a sweep no matter who you are playing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

couldn't agree more.....that's because Minnesota is a better hockey team....

I know it's Canisius, but 1/2 of the Sioux team probably wouldn't make the Minnesota roster.

Who knows who is going to start in goal.  Phil didn't know when he was interviewed whether he'd play or not.  It's all speculation on a meaningless game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hakstol said Brandt would start against Team USA on Sunday.

Speculating on whether Minnesota would have scored more against Canisius is meaningless! First off, Gopher fans would never go for a Canisius vs UMN showdown for fear that they would not be able to use a preholiday series vs UND of this caliber to taunt us. Everyone knows not a whole of them can handle teasing very well. Secondly, I think the Gophers would have played Canisius similarly: Good grief it's Canisius. It's not BC or UW or UND! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see JJ play. If JJ plays, for sure you know what the Gophers think of their opponent's offense.

The whole reason why we play a series like this is to provide morale. The Sioux have had a tough season thus far. Everyone in the WCHA (I think) has had at least one off week so far except UND. Canisius playing would simply be a neat series where they can go out play hard, but have fun without the stress involved with playing a WCHA team.

Off topic, but I think this year overall, there continues to be a huge disparity between the strength of WCHA teams and the other conferences. Incredible.