SiouxSports.com Forum

What if predictions

sprig

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon, we have to play the 'dogs yet! :huh:

Actually the only seires I am thinking we easliy split or get swept yet is UW, altho, they are over rated IMO.

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go ahead and underestimate us then. RTWD and I will be at the Frozen Ocean watching the Dogs surprise the hell out of the Gophers. :0

UMN 28 40

CC 28 40

UND 28 37

UMD 28 32

UW 28 32

Denver 28 32

SCSU 28 27

Mankato 28 23

AA 28 13

MTech 28 4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND 28 43

UMD 28 36

UMN 28 36

Denver 28 35

CC 28 33

UW 28 32

Mankato 28 22

SCSU 28 21

AA 28 16

MTech 28 6

Geez.  That is a cool toy.  Here are my picks.  I am not sure why none of you

have come up with the Fighting Sioux retaining the Cup.

Seems pretty elementary to me.

We shall see.  We shall see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now these are the kind of final standings I would like to see. NDH, are you sure you are not using the 2004 version of the What-If Calculator?? :huh::0

Time to bring it back:

CC 28 44

UMN 28 42

UW 28 38

UND 28 35

Denver 28 35

UMD 28 26

Mankato 28 18

SCSU 28 18

AA 28 17

MTech 28 7

I was pretty bold in predicting a sweep over Denver.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Team GP Pts

CC 28 46

UMN 28 39

UW 28 37

Denver 28 36

UND 28 31

UMD 28 24

SCSU 28 21

Mankato 28 19

AA 28 18

MTech 28 9

UMN 28 44

CC 28 40

UND 28 39

Denver 28 39

UW 28 33

UMD 28 31

SCSU 28 17

Mankato 28 16

AA 28 15

MTech 28 6

For some reason I see WI choking.  I think Duluth will start to turn things around, and beat WI to get into the final 5.  UND will get the tie-breaker over Denver (after a sweep at the REA).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CC 28 47

UMN 28 41

Denver 28 37

UND 28 36

UW 28 35

UMD 28 26

Mankato 28 18

AA 28 17

SCSU 28 15

MTech 28 8

UND Sweeps Kato, The Dogs beat WI, CC, MN and Denver get in.

UND beats the Dogs and CC, MN beats Denver, UND beats MN to win the Broadmoor.

This of course is wishful thinking, but it could happen :huh:

Nice call on CC early on Schmidty - I, like most thought MN would run away with it.

This of course is wishful thinking, but it could happen :huh:

Nice call on CC early on Schmidty - I, like most thought MN would run away with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like your line of thinking. :0

CC 28 47

UMN 28 41

Denver 28 37

UND 28 36

UW 28 35

UMD 28 26

Mankato 28 18

AA 28 17

SCSU 28 15

MTech 28 8

UND Sweeps Kato, The Dogs beat WI, CC, MN and Denver get in.

One weekend and everything gets messed up.

Hows about these numbers

CC 28 43

UND 28 37

Denver 28 35

UW 28 34

UMN 28 33

UMD 28 29

MTech 28 19

AA 28 19

Mankato 28 18

SCSU 28 13

This has the Sioux winning out (which could happen :D ) and the Goofers slipping up. Seriously this is pretty unlikely to happen, but if this past weekend keeps up it is very possible. The dogs are picking things up. CC and MN have not looked so hot. Of course WI has been looking good, but their schedule the rest of the way is still brutal. The Sioux hold their own destiny with games against WI and Denver left, both are must sweeps if they want to host one of the bottom four teams.

Of course I put Tech splitting the rest of their series which almost for sure will not happen, but I need to save face, being I picked them 5th in the WCHA before the season started. I still think they have the talent, they just haven't gotten goaltending until the past couple of weeks.

To go further with my delusion- Tech pulls an AA and beats WI to play in the final 5! UMD beats the Gophers and ticket sales are an all time low, prompting the WCHA to give the Gophers an automatic bid every year. :D

No matter what happens in the regular season, I think this will again be a year of upsets in getting to the Final Five.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly Cali. If Tech can keep up the intensity and passion that they had against Minneasota, they'll be a dangerous team to face in the Final Five.

Exactly Cali. If Tech can keep up the intensity and passion that they had against Minneasota, they'll be a dangerous team to face in the Final Five.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be willing to bet that MTU will return to its losing ways. They have one line, they caught Minnesota in a slump, the Gophers brought Tech's A game out.

I wouldn't go to Vegas and bet any significant amounts of money that Tech ends up in the final game of the Final Five.

Here is my predictions.

We sweep Denver, take one from Wisconsin, and get three points from UAA, the rest are sweeps. Its possible and should be what UND is shooting for.

Team GP Pts

CC 28 42

UW 28 40

UMN 28 38

Denver 28 37

UND 28 34

UMD 28 27

Mankato 28 23

AA 28 21

SCSU 28 10

MTech 28 8

A different Scenario is UMD taking four points from Minnesota, especially with a young defense and Briggs in net. I know that is possible. UND taking three points with Denver, Sweeping UAA, Splitting with Wisconsin and sweeping the rest.

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

CC 28 42

UW 28 40

Denver 28 38

UMN 28 36

UND 28 34

UMD 28 29

Mankato 28 23

AA 28 20

SCSU 28 10

MTech 28 8

I think it is going to be tough to pass UofM but its possible.

Edited by Goon

Wow.

There is actually a chance for 3rd place. Not even relying on "anything's possible until you are mathematically eliminated" there is a chance. I will grant it is unlikely.

It would take UND finishing with 12 points of a possible 16, MN getting 10 of 20, and Denver getting only 9 of 24. O wait, maybe this IS relying on the mathematical elimination thing....

Sioux

Denver

At AA

WI

At SCSU

MN

UMD

At WI

AA

H/H SCSU

At Tech

Denver

AA

at UND

WI

UMD

at Mankato

H/H CC

Can the Sioux get through the schedule at 6-2? I think yes, if they start to score goals, and if they play like they did at CC.

Can MN only finish with 10 of a possible 20 points? Well, normally I'd say no. But this past weekend makes one wonder. There are some IF's. IF Minnesota's freshmen do not begin to pick up the scoring slack. IF Potulny does NOT return to 1st half form. IF MN goaltending returns to average from where it was in the first half. IF MN's freshmen defensemen tire a bit down the stretch. There are a lot of IF's here, and I don't think they all have to come about but most do. Basically, are we going to see the first half team again? Or are we going to see the same team without Briggs and Potulny saving the day? Would I say the chances are even 50-50%? No. But even at 25-75%, that's not a bad roll of the dice.

Now, Denver might be the hardest sell of my proposition. If they just split out, they get 12 points. I'm saying, WHAT IF they split out, except the SIOUX take some of their points FROM Denver? They take the home sweep. Now Denver needs to give up just one more point (or the Sioux need to find an additional). I think the wild cards are which Duluth team will show up out in Denver? Mankato can steal games at times. Still, it's unlikely that Denver will suffer this finish. In the end, maybe this is just hoping too much.

It's in the Sioux's hands. They need to win games down the stretch (cliche of the day). I would say there's at least a reason to fight for 4th. And I'd rather play Mankato or AA that first round, than Duluth.