SiouxSports.com Forum

Mamma Maria's restaurant on South Washington

SiouxperDave

South Wash? Any better directions than that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's on the east side of South Washington in a little strip mall, just south of Campbell Drive. This is an example of a true "mom and pop" business. It's run by a couple from NYC whose son is stationed at the GFAFB. WDAZ did a feature on the restaurant shortly after it opened, and I think business kind of exploded from there.

It's on the east side of South Washington in a little strip mall, just south of Campbell Drive. This is an example of a true "mom and pop" business. It's run by a couple from NYC whose son is stationed at the GFAFB. WDAZ did a feature on the restaurant shortly after it opened, and I think business kind of exploded from there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So does that mean that the restaurant closes once her son gets out of the AF or moves?? ???

we've gone there TWICE (just after 7pm both times on a weeknight) and they wouldn't serve us because they claimed they were "OUT OF FOOD")  must be good if they're fridge is empty at the prime-time dinner hour in GF!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

7 pm being prime time dinner hour? In the midwest? Come on, it's 6 on the dot. ???

West coast dinner time is like 8. Never if your parents work in LA, because you don't see them.

i have heard the food is KILLER and just walking in there makes your mouth REALLY water!! Maybe it's cooled off now...

PS - anyone been to Coldstone Creamery? We knew about them and laughed when they opened an Ice Cream store in Grand Forks in DECEMBER ;) but we went there the other night at 8:30 and there were at least a dozen people in line ahead of us! It's awesome but cheapos be prepared...it's about $5 for a decent mix but it's WORTH IT...ohh..SO WORTH IT ;);)

i have heard the food is KILLER and just walking in there makes your mouth REALLY water!!  Maybe it's cooled off now...

PS - anyone been to Coldstone Creamery?  We knew about them and laughed when they opened an Ice Cream store in Grand Forks in DECEMBER ;)  but we went there the other night at 8:30 and there were at least a dozen people in line ahead of us!  It's awesome but cheapos be prepared...it's about $5 for a decent mix but it's WORTH IT...ohh..SO WORTH IT ;)  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had it in bismarck for a couple years and here in Salt lake. We usually get the cheesecake ice cream with cherries, almonds and graham cracker mixed in. The ultimate bucket is only 10 dollars, divided by 3 =about 3 dollars a piece. Not too bad, unless you want your own kind. It is definitely worth it though, it is hands down the best ice cream i have ever had.