SiouxSports.com Forum

UAA

NDFAN

I'm surprised that the board hasn't discussed this weekend's series. I hate to overlook any WCHA team, even if their record isn't the best at this point.

So, does anyone know anything about their star players, injuries, goalies?

PS: Hoping the game shows up on the FSSN. ;)

There's an article in today Anchorage Daily News by Doyle Woody about Nathan Lawson, UAA's freshman goalie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a strange ritual! A sign should be made.

I remember when Kollar always needed to be the last off the ice after warm ups and at the final five one year St. Cloud I think had a few players waiting him out just to throw him off his rhythm.

That was hilarious! I can't wait to see it live!

If he starts, I hope the camera catches it. ;)

Looks like they don't have any goal scorers in the top of the WCHA.

Who do you suppose will be between the pipes this weekend? Lam tonight then JPar?? Both goalies make the top of the goalie statistics! :huh:

What a strange ritual! A sign should be made.

I remember when Kollar always needed to be the last off the ice after warm ups and at the final five one year St. Cloud I think had a few players waiting him out just to throw him off his rhythm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember the Kollar incident at the Final Five. I think it was the St. Cloud goalie that stood on the ice by the bench waiting for Kollar to leave first. Kollar waited him out for what seemed like about 5 minutes. The Huskie goalie eventually gave up and went to the locker room while the Sioux fans cheered.

Hey guys Poncho here, just saying if this team is anything like Fairbanks in the CCHA this weekend should be a breeze. I know that earlier they lost Fournier before the season began. Their leading scorer is Justin Bourne a sophomore forward with a pretty good upside. They seem to be limited with senior leadership. Only one senior has over 5 points. Out of their top 10 scorers 7 r freshman or sophomores. You know the old cliche though a young team is a dangerous team. It'll be many of their first time playing in the Ralph they'll be pumped up and ready to go. GO SIOUX!

Hey guys Poncho here, just saying if this team is anything like Fairbanks in the CCHA this weekend should be a breeze.  I know that earlier they lost Fournier before the season began.  Their leading scorer is Justin Bourne a sophomore forward with a pretty good upside.  They seem to be limited with senior leadership.  Only one senior has over 5 points.  Out of their top 10 scorers 7 r freshman or sophomores.  You know the old cliche though a young team is a dangerous team.  It'll be many of their first time playing in the Ralph they'll be pumped up and ready to go.  GO SIOUX!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW a quality post from Poncho. I take everything Ive said about you back.

You almost pity AA with all the stuff that's happened to them over the past few years. I mean, when a sign falls from the rafters and knocks one of your players out of the game, it's just not your decade.

Who knows what we'll get from AA. They've swept Duluth (which may or may not be saying much, and beat MN early in the year. They have a freshman goalie with a .915 save %. They put up 2.5-3 goals per game. If we aren't aggressive and put up some shots this smells like a team that could steal one. They do give up an average of 34 shots per game so if we work hard we should have our chances.

It's no big stretch to say our fate is in our own hands this weekend. We should be able to enter 4 points on the ledger.