SiouxSports.com Forum

Tech Wizard Help

Speez

I just watched Kev on the B2 Network videocast of his ECHL game. The quality of the feed was much better than I expected,

I remember reading that someone was able to feed the Sioux videocast to their Big Screen TV. Hockey wasn't meant to be watched on a 17" monitor. I searched previous threads but couldn't find the info I needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tomorrow night Kev is playing against Jason Notes & 4 of his former IL. teamates from when he was a youngster.

Thanks for your help. Please PM me if you have any info.

Great win by the Sioux tonight. Got to keep it going on track.

Dan Spiewak

Your computer needs to have a video card that supports Video Out (Usually S-Video). Then you need to have your TV have an S-Video In. Then just buy an S-Video cable and run it between the two. If your video card has the correct output, check your manual on how to activate the output.

I bought a PC to Video cable (http://grandtec.com/ultimateEZ.htm) that just converts your monitor signal to a RCA style video cable. This works great and does not require S-video cards in your PC, nor S-video on your older/cheaper TV's.

You will also need a cheap audio converter to convert from your PC head phone jack to the RCA style jack on your TV or Stereo. There are also fancier audio converters, but the audio signal over the web is very low quality, so you are not losing anything.

All of the above can be done, but if you are going to watch a lot of games I would just buy the satelite system or find a local bar that will tune the games in. For me watching the games on your TV is better than a PC, and watching at a bar is better yet.

IS this weekends game on Data Flix? I have to give it a try if so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The games are shown on theralph's watch the sioux web page, but the links to buy the games on dataflix show "inactive product". Searching out the entire Sioux hockey schedule on dataflix, the next road games scheduled are at Duluth.

At any rate, it appears the Mich Tech games will not be on dataflix.

Hope the audio feed works, and we don't have to search for MTU's audio again this weekend :D

The games are shown on theralph's watch the sioux web page, but the links to buy the games on dataflix show "inactive product". Searching out the entire Sioux hockey schedule on dataflix, the next road games scheduled are at Duluth.

At any rate, it appears the Mich Tech games will not be on dataflix.

Hope the audio feed works, and we don't have to search for MTU's audio again this weekend :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least it won't be too hard to find since we already have it listed on the FB forum. :lol: