SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Western

stoneySIOUX

30 minutes ago, tnt said:

Maybe the fans are bipolar because the play on the ice seems to be inconsistent, but I think as a fanbase we need to be thankful for where we are right now, and hope they can gain a level of consistency in the second half.   You can say that we lost more than any other team in the country after last year, but we are still fighting it out for a possible league championship and NCAA tourney appearance.  Funny how all of the people that were down on Hakstol and kept saying why can't we be more like Boston College are now using other measuring sticks.  Yes, that is what great programs do, but I think we need to be a bit more realistic after losing such a dynamic group -- after all we could be like Boston College!

That's what I was saying. The play has been bi-polar, not the fans.

I'm not down on Berry necessarily, but I always like Hak. He just seemed to get more out of his players. Its hard to compare because for me it is more about the intangibles, the things that don't show up on a stat sheet. 

10 hours ago, crb1 said:

It’s crazy to me that a WMU team is much better than UND, but here we are. 

It certainly helps them that they kept their trio of seniors for another year and Attard didn't go pro.
They'd be a completely different team without Frank, Passolt, Washe, and Attard.

It'd be like if Kawaguchi, Adams, and Kierstad stayed for another year and Pinto didn't go pro.  :) 

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

It certainly helps them that they kept their trio of seniors for another year and Attard didn't go pro.
They'd be a completely different team without Frank, Passolt, Washe, and Attard.

It'd be like if Kawaguchi, Adams, and Kierstad stayed for another year and Pinto didn't go pro.  :) 

True, and we haven't even played them yet, so what standard are we using to say they are better?  Do we go by pairwise, or do we go by league standings?  In the end, all of it will be proven out on the ice, this weekend, when they play here, and who knows, maybe an NCAA matchup.