SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. BC

jimdahl

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time that video of the 1997, 2000 and 2001 teams get drilled into the curentt Sioux heads. Maybe the D can learn from Mike Commodoreand its darn sure right that Jason Black, Lee Goren, and Dave Hoogsteen 's play could teach the current prima donnas how the game is really played. How can a team captain be so dense as to continually take stupid penalties that send his team down 5 on 3. Murray and Stafford must have gone over the wall and have doubles on the ice. Hakstol may have his structured practices, quote Sioux players, but Blais' free whellers like Blake, Bochenski and Parise deliver. The current Sioux really believe the looocal media and meaningless polls. Bring back the wide open, givem hell D and O. Forget about polls, the only thing that's meaningful is who take home the top prize come April. Just Ask the Pionners!!!

Well i watched the first period tape delay at buffalo wild wings at like 11 and Parise is always on his stomach or back, this isnt the first time ive noticed. Any one else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed that long ago. I also think Brandt is better than Parise. However, Brandt seems to piss of the coaches or something because they never give him a chance. I bet he would have been a top goalie in the league if he went to a different school.

It's hard to tell listening to the game, but it sounded like the D played much better. Porter stepped it up, but the rest of the offense didn't, and Parise played well after the first. Stafford and Murray are going to have to step it up soon.

Sounds like the UND players were very classy to Coach York after the game, glad to see the WCHA being represented this way.  :0 

Good luck tonight against Northeastern.  Although I suspect NE might be facing the wrath of one POed team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let us hope so.

Stafford needs to shoot more and be more physical on the forcheck; however, he set up Zajac at the back door and Zajac wiffed. He set up Porter for the breakaway and Porter hit the post. He set up Porter on Porter's goal. It's early in the season, the bounces will start to go our way. Anyone who thinks that our offense wasn't going to miss Zpar and Bo is nuts. I think we have several gamebreakers who just need to mature.