SiouxSports.com Forum

Any Students get Gopher Tickets?

Diggler

Once again REA is proven wrong with their assertion that there is no demand for tickets. I wrongly assumed that I could just show up at the Chester Fritz at 8:30 and get tickets. When I got there the line was all wound arond the lobby and went up the stairs. I ended up leaving and going to the Union and the line was past the pool tables and near the main entrance. I ended up getting tickets, but don't know many other people who got them.

So did anyone else get them and also why does REA insist on not allowing us to purchase season tickets in the upper bowl?

Once again REA is proven wrong with their assertion that there is no demand for tickets.  I wrongly assumed that I could just show up at the Chester Fritz at 8:30 and get tickets.  When I got there the line was all wound arond the lobby and went up the stairs.  I ended up leaving and going to the Union and the line was past the pool tables and near the main entrance.  I ended up getting tickets, but don't know many other people who got them.

So did anyone else get them and also why does REA insist on not allowing us to purchase season tickets in the upper bowl?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go to the REA box office. I plan on going there over lunch. I was told they have never sold out of student tickets so I'm not too worried, unless the chick working at the REA was wrong :(

Go to the REA box office. I plan on going there over lunch. I was told they have never sold out of student tickets so I'm not too worried, unless the chick working at the REA was wrong :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did go to REA after Chester Fritz and it's all on a computer system I was told. Once they are gone at Chester Fritz, they are gone at the Union and REA. Since REA didn't open till 10, I went to the Union to get my tickets. So unless I was lied to, which is plausible because I was told it at REA, tickets will be gone.

Once again REA is proven wrong with their assertion that there is no demand for tickets............So did anyone else get them and also why does REA insist on not allowing us to purchase season tickets in the upper bowl?

I think they said there was no NEED for selling season tickets, not "no demand".

That's what I remember from the quote anyway.

UND and REA are so stupid about this-- they are going to over sell the tickets and then there will be more tickets then seats- i cant believe that at 2 on a monday of the gophers serise they would still have tickets....odd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why is that? They sell as many tickets as they can to students until Thurs, then sell them to the general public. I don't know how accurate it is but the the lady at the ticket counter said that student tickets have NEVER sold out with just students.

I know the head ticket lady at the REA and she said that gopher series tickets ALWAYS sell out to students. There were a few other series as well that sell out or come really close to selling out in just student tickets. I woudl be really suprised if tickets were still avalable there were tons of people in line at both the union and chester fritz

I know the head ticket lady at the REA and she said that gopher series tickets ALWAYS sell out to students. There were a few other series as well that sell out or come really close to selling out in just student tickets. I woudl be really suprised if tickets were still avalable there were tons of people in line at both the union and chester fritz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They did NOT sell out last year.

They did NOT sell out last year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find that extremely hard to believe, but then again maybe hockey isn't as big among the students as everyone believes. If they don't buy all the tickets for the schools biggest game(s) of the year. I know I tried getting a Sioux/Duluth football ticket on Friday and was rejected cause they were sold out (yes I know they are free).

I find that extremely hard to believe, but then again maybe hockey isn't as big among the students as everyone believes. If they don't buy all the tickets for the schools biggest game(s) of the year. I know I tried getting a Sioux/Duluth football ticket on Friday and was rejected cause they were sold out (yes I know they are free).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only know that because that was the way I got a few extra tickets last year for the Saturday game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Student tickets did not sell out last year for the Gophers series, but more than likely because it was a holiday weekend. I was able to get leftover student tickets for a friend of the family and his kids.

What I was trying to get you to extrapalate from the information was that it would be nice if they just would offer a one night a weekend package for the so called "un-diehard fans". Hey it is just an idea. I would also like to see a type of marketplace set up on theralph.com where people could sell there tickets at FACE VALUE to others in need of tickets. This may rid the ralph of all of those ugly empty seats on the reserved side. Just trying to throw out some ideas so things may change in the future. I am sorry that I didn't get my point across the first time.

What I was trying to get you to extrapalate from the information was that it would be nice if they just would offer a one night a weekend package for the so called "un-diehard fans".  Hey it is just an idea.  I would also like to see a type of marketplace set up on theralph.com where people could sell there tickets at FACE VALUE to others in need of tickets.  This may rid the ralph of all of those ugly empty seats on the reserved side.  Just trying to throw out some ideas so things may change in the future.  I am sorry that I didn't get my point across the first time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Supply and demand. Empty seats in their arena is a "luxury

What I was trying to get you to extrapalate from the information was that it would be nice if they just would offer a one night a weekend package for the so called "un-diehard fans".  Hey it is just an idea.  I would also like to see a type of marketplace set up on theralph.com where people could sell there tickets at FACE VALUE to others in need of tickets.  This may rid the ralph of all of those ugly empty seats on the reserved side.  Just trying to throw out some ideas so things may change in the future.  I am sorry that I didn't get my point across the first time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the site. I think it would be a good idea to have one night a weekend tickets. It would also be a good idea to have packages for various series.

In the end though there are more than enough students seats at the REA, the problem is everyone wants the lower seats, which there are obviously too few. The REA is going to use the "empty upper seats" as an excuse not to change anything. I can see their point, they obviously rake in a lot of cash with season tickets in 107 and 110.