UND @ MAINE

AZSIOUX

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some comments from the pregame:

TH said there were not many breakdowns for the Sioux last night, DH didn't necessarily agree and said there were some communication breakdowns defensively.

DH said that McMahon and Prpich were just short of tremendous last night on the penalty kill.

DH said UND is a good team five and five and that is their strength. He also said that calls went both ways last night.

He also said that Jordan had a real good performance last night and that he was solid, made big saves and battled real hard. Tim Whitehead said that Jordan rose to the occasion Maine's breakaway toward the end of the first period and made a great save on a good shot.

Brandt in net tonight, otherwise exact same lineup for the Sioux. DH said Brandt coming off a good season and a good week of practice.

J. Parise will be first intermission guest.

I appreciate the goalie rotation, and especially early in the year. It helps figure out who's going to step up with consistency.

However, I'd like to see, sometime this year, UND go with one goalie through an entire series. I think it'd be a good test for whomever they decide can handle it.

All three goalies should be really solid this year, though.

Good luck to Jake Brandt tonight! Go Sioux!

Comments from Stafford about penalty shot:

He's had penalty shots before but not in that type of situation and not at this level.

Considering the condition of the ice and with Howard in net he had no thoughts of deking the goalie, just shooting.

Other tidbits:

Sioux wearing their road green tonight.

Radke is other player that made trip, but won't play tonight.