SiouxSports.com Forum

Students of SS

jloos

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I was you guys, I would make sure to remember this incident with the total lack of the Diehard Hockey fans getting tickets like you want the next time Student Government elections come around. Perhaps Siouxsports here could canvas the incumbants and find out who voted which way on the selection process for tickets. In fact, some of you guys might even think about running for office, get a few of you together, and you would have a strong voting block there in the SG. Depending on how your SG is set up, you could even get a slacker like Diggler to be the president. :D I'm sure a few of you guys could fit it into your schedules.

Thank God someone here sees it my way. There are die hard fans that do get involved and thank the Lord for them because they finally realize that distributing 540 lower bowl seats to about 2000 people can get a little hairy. Sometimes plans change. Just because you are going to sit in the upper bowl doesnt make you any less of a die hard fan. Some of you people need to learn that reguardless of where you are in the arena you still have a great seat and you still have the privledge to see the best college hockey team in the nation. So quit complaining and get involved.

Woah, there. Your first post was damage control claiming there was no change in the distribution plan. Now that people have presented overwhelming evidence that the plan was changed, you're admitting things changed, but are just decrying the screwed students as whiners.

Had a plan been made and stuck to, no one would feel screwed because they would have understood the process and lost fairly. No one is whining because they didn't get tickets, they're complaining because the process was arbitrarily changed from what was planned and understood. The rules were changed in the middle of the game without any discussion or debate.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something or maybe all the students on here are lying, but from what I read they were actually screwed.

The best thing would have been to allow students who had tickets the previous year to renew their tickets for this year. The rest of the tickets would then be given out by a lottery.

Good idea.

I don't know anyone on student government, and I don't think they had any bad intentions. However, they obviously did not brainstorm the situation. At least I hope they didn't. What did they expect, people to just magically appear right at 8:00? There plan didn't work, and yes I stopped by their office to question the plan. I was told to go to an informational meeting and all my questions would be answered. I had class during said meeting and could not attend. From Forecheck's post I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have mattered.

If they are going to have a lottery, that's fine. Personally I think a weighted lottery is the best idea, I believe the UofM does this. Give the upperclassmen a better chance or better yet let them renue their tickets from the previous year.

The student government likely has no evil intentions. However they sure didn't put much thought into the process. I showed up at 7:00 yesterday fully expecting there to be a couple hundred people ahead of me. I was pleased to see there was, this shows to me that the Sioux have a die-hard student following. If these people were to get tickets and I wasn't I would be dissapointed, but not upset. Why the student government didn't realize this is beyond me, they must not be die hard Sioux hockey fans.

First of all the ralph shot down the GA request, that is what everyone wanted. If ya really want to be a die hard fan think of and idea that would pass through REA and the Student gov't. Oh and by the way, The president that supposedly screwed you, gave all of the 90 tickets that were reserved for student gov't and put them in the lottery for you guys. Jordan didn't get a lower bowl seat, so tell me how was anyone screwed, you were unlucky just like me, deal with it.

A weighted lottery. Many people have said it and it only took all of 10 seconds to come up with, but it took Student Government many long nights to tell students to line up at Friday at 8:00 and form a nice line in an orderly fashion. Then there is the second best idea and that is to let people wait in line as early as they want, but I believe REA did not want people camping out earlier than Friday morning, so that blame goes to REA. Probably don't want to spend the extra MONEY to watch over the students for that long of time.

The real question is why do Student Government get 90 tickets already reserved for them in the lower bowl? Seems real unfair to me, not that they just get 15% of the lower bowl, but also that they wouldn't have to wait in line like the rest of us. Seems unfair to this guy. :D I realize that this year they gave them up, but last year it was a nice perk for them. Next year I might have to join.

Then there is the second best idea and that is to let people wait in line as early as they want, but I believe REA did not want people camping out earlier than Friday morning, so that blame goes to REA. Probably don't want to spend the extra MONEY to watch over the students for that long of time.

I think this is the best idea too and I don't know why REA is so against it. There were very few problems with it last year. My idea is that you add one $5-10 to the student ticket price to pay for the security that will be necccessary.

Whatever though, I say instead of thinking of all the negatives, we try to think of some positives. We're gonna make the upper deck actually wake up this year. :D

We'll be pumping adreneline directly into people! I'll bring the needles. They can either take the shot directly to the heart or wake up voluntarily. :)

Lets just hope that adrenaline doesn't bcome infected with your Turrets syndrome, that could get ugly fast. Everyone in the lower bowl would get a shower by the end of the game :D:angry::angry:

Why did the student gvt. insist on having the lottery right away the next morning? Wouldn't it have been prudent to hold it off for another week, to gain some student input. It sounds like the lottery idea was first shot down by the student gvt. in favor of a very flawed system. WHY???

Also, why can't they sell a certain amount of upper bowl season tickets? THis way, the people who intend on attending every game does not have to wait in line every monday mornign.

We are going to find that out on Monday. Does anyone know who I talk to about that? Would it be student gov't or someone at REA? Hopefully we can convince whomever to allow us to get season tickets.

Ok,

If you want the numbers here they are

5,586 lower bowl seats and 630 stundents seats = 16.43%

11,406 totall and 1800 stuents seat (acually GA so not totally students seats)=15.78

population of grand forks 49,321, and student pop. 13,187= 27.08% of students that make up grand forks.

maybe its me but the numbers seem a little off.

i think the student section is big enough, its just that those who intended to get season tickets should be able to get them. waiting in line wasn't against the rules, being on the property was. we weren't on the property.

I agree with this, and I also agree with 206 Jockey (for once in this post). You do need to know who to point fingers at before you start complaining.

I really really hope they open up student season tickets to anyone who wants them. It is just exremely much more convenient for those who want to attend every game. If its not possible I will absolutely be in line at 3:00 daily and 1:00 for the big games to get a first row upper deck seat.

I hope what Diggler says is true...that the upper bowl will be rockin. That's my ONLY qualm about being there. The view angle is outstanding, but the atmosphere often lacks. We'll see what happens, but Diggler, I'll help you out.

I would like to thank Jordan Schuetzle for all the hard work that he put into this whole hockey situation. There was no possible way to make every student happy but with what was happening on thursday night he had to make neccessary changes. How many people do you know would stay up ALL night yes all NIGHT thursday (NO SLEEP) to figure out how to make this hockey system fair for all. Jordan who is the biggest hockey fan i know and anyone in section 109 last year can only agree will not even take a ticket this year. He is giving up his ticket in order to give one more ticket to the students of UND.

This is going to be an ongoing conflict this year and I think we all owe Jordan a big thanks for all that he does for this school. If you are going to blame anyone blame the Police department and REA and the fans that decided they would change the rules and camp out anyways.

Go Sioux and Thanks for your dedication to UND Jordan your the most dedicated President this university has seen since i have been here and do one hell of a job.

you moron, there were no rules against camping out. we weren't on the property. they said you are not allowed on the property. i still have the paper that says the steps to get season tickets and no where does it say that we cannot camp. it says anyone on the property will be removed. we were not on the property!