SiouxSports.com Forum

RT to the NCC?

SiouxMeNow

the LATEST rumor to come out of UND is that RT is interested in moving into the Ramkota in Sioux Falls - a beutiful 3 room suite that doubles as a professional business place...anyone else hear anything about this?

PS - I wouldn't doubt the dealing with REA is driving RT nuts....time for a change of scenery...

Why would RT want to be commissioner of the NCC with all the headaches the current situation brings? I would much rather be in Grand Forks doing whatever AD's do as opposed to keeping a fledgling conference alive. I can't imagine the commissioner of the conference is any better paid than he is in GF.

Why would RT want to be commissioner of the NCC with all the headaches the current situation brings? I would much rather be in Grand Forks doing whatever AD's do as opposed to keeping a fledgling conference alive. I can't imagine the commissioner of the conference is any better paid than your he is in GF.

Who wouldn't want to get out of GF and away from...I won't say it? :lol:

Since Drew will be playing for the Sioux for the next four years, I kind of doubt RT would want to move away just now. Not that living in Sioux Falls would make it impossible to go to all the games, but it would make it more difficult. Plus, it might be viewed as politically incorrect for the commissioner to go to all of one school's games.

Even if this rumor is not true, I dare say the recent stresses of the AD job have had to have been well beyond ordinary. Just consider the following issues in the past year: Blais quits and Hakstol is appointed (imagine listening to and dealing with all the alumni opinions on that!), fan behavior and student seating issues, discontinuing a rivalry with an in-state DIAA school (and all the outside media scrutiny), dealing with scheduling in a smaller NCC, working with other NCC AD’s to keep it whole, dealing with REA management, ticket pricing and season ticket issues, construction and move to the Betty (with all the second guessers ), budgeting with higher tuition, temporary loss of key personnel to Iraq conflict, recent loss of assistant AD, and rumors of dissappointed coaches in Olympic sports. Couple these with what has transpired in the five years of Roger’s tenure and the demands each placed on his time: the construction and move to the New Engelstad, the move to the Alerus, the Fighting Sioux name, the decision not to pursue D-I, not to mention the hockey and football national championships, and together, without question, RT has shepherded the Athletic Department through the most dynamic period in its history. It would be hard to imagine any other person shouldering these issues with the clarity and maturity RT has shown. No matter what happens, UND has been very fortunate to have had someone as capable as RT in the AD role during this time.

I remember this rumor surfacing several years ago, when Noel Olson was about to retire as NCC commish. RT was rumored to be in line for consideration for the job. As we know Marcil got the job, and now that there is an opening RT's name again pops up. I think partly because of RT's past connections in Sioux Falls (He was an assistant coach at Augustana) and I believe his wife is from that area. That and because He is a great adminisrator.

Even if this rumor is not true, I dare say the recent stresses of the AD job have had to have been well beyond ordinary. Just consider the following issues in the past year: Blais quits and Hakstol is appointed (imagine listening to and dealing with all the alumni opinions on that!), fan behavior and student seating issues, discontinuing a rivalry with an in-state DIAA school (and all the outside media scrutiny), dealing with scheduling in a smaller NCC, working with other NCC AD

Even at the NCC spot he would be dealing with Kupchella and all of the other Presidents. Basically it would be his role to be their little puppet while trying to keep things together. I think it would be almost(not quite) as stressful working the NCC as it is here. He would even still be stuck dealing with REA officials. I am sure there is going to be more tourneys ending up at the Ralph such as bball and etc.

as the mill continues to churn...the word is RT might REALLY be looking at the NCC job because "certain entities" aren't entirely happy with his work at UND (their words, not mine) Seems handing things over to REA on many fronts isn't playing too well with the home boys (TC, ES...etc..) Again, I appeal to anyone who might have heard anything along these lines....

Isn't this the same source that proclaimed TB was fired? :p

yeah...and I hear EI is a total jerk who hasn't been able to get a SNIFF for $$$ for the FargoBarns naming rights in 3 YEARS!!! (SUPRISE!!) But i'm sure he's still a hell of an asset for you bison lovers!! (he did a great job with the barns' SUITE sales!!!:-)