SiouxSports.com Forum

For a laugh

doclenz

Go to SDSU's board, then to football-Southern game. The post by the Southern fan is unbelievable. If this is an example of how the move to D1aa is as much about academics as athletics, the students at SDSU and NDSU should graduate.

Dunno what he said, Mad Baser. There were a number of Southern U. fans posting there (Earle, Blue Dog, Jagster, Jax1906, LilJag). I'm not sure which one didn't meet doclenz's standards. Earle admitted to not knowing anything about the Dakotas. Liljag wrote like he or she was posting a text message.

They all seemed like extremely friendly people who probably would not go around mocking people behind their backs.

(Considering I had about twenty grammatical errors in this post before trying to fix it just now, maybe I missed the funny post because I didn't recognize the flaws)

I am pretty sure that it is in reference to things like South Dakota is on the Canadian border. (which would put North Dakota in Canada and a Province not a state) I am pretty sure he thought the lack of knowledge about the area to be pretty funny. I find it mildly humorous, what I find more funny is that quite a few people outside the midwest don't realize that North Dakota and South Dakota are actually 2 different states.

Nobody in the thread said that North Dakota and South Dakota were one state. A Southern University fan, who admitted that he knew nothing about South Dakota (a big surprise to all you Louisiana experts out there, I'm sure), said that one of the Dakotas is located "just south of the Canadian border."

Based on the sentence structure, he could have been referring to either North Dakota or South Dakota. I'm guessing that he meant North Dakota because the north-south thing provides a rather obvious clue.

Very few people are very familiar with the Dakotas. The 2 states are not exactly tourist havens, with exception to the faces. It's kinda like asking you guys about, say, Vermont. Or Alaska. You get the picture.

And before you start flaming me, I am a southern boy, but I used to live in your town. I used to have a nice apartment off of Demers, and had to fight the state bird (mosquito) on a daily basis in the summer. And yes, I know what -40 feels like. And no, I didnt know a dadburn thing about ND or SD before I moved there :0

Indeed it would be great for SU fans to find out what life is like in the upper midwest.  One thing is for sure, SU people know very very very little about South Dakota.  Myself, I know that S.D. is the sister state to North Dakota and is located just south of the Canadian border.  A city called Sioux (or is it Fargo) is your largest city.  I am not familiar with the city of Brookings.  I know absolutely nothing else abour S.D.

Here is the quote from Earle, who actually sounds like a nice guy and a very good fan for his school.

The way I read it is that he is talking about SD and mentions ND but continues on with what he knows about SD, and that happens to be it is located just south of the canadian border. It is possible he is refering to ND, but its not likely considering ND only involved in his statement because it's "the sister state of SD"

Why do the states need to be considered female, does Title IX have something to do with this :0

He may have been talking about this one from Lil Jag:

"u can tailgate just about anywhere on campus. U will know what area u should not be in because it will be rope off. My advice get there early to get a good spot. The people who have RV's has the best spots. After the work is finish to the endZone area. The stadium will look wonderful. sept 25 is just around the corner. ARE U READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL."

:0:lol:

I don't think the fans are idiots (but every team does have some of those) It just seems slightly humorous about the lack of knowledge for the area, which is somewhat expected.

Is defining "just" a lot like defining "is" If thats the case, I live in Texas which is just south of the Canadian border. :0 Just a quick drive to pick up some smarties, coffee crisp and molson.

UND-Gary and Wilbur got it! I was commenting on the fellows or gals use of the english language or lack of it and comparing its brilliance with how the two schools harped about how this was as much or more and educational move as athletic. If that was true based on the jags sentence structure, grammer etc. we can expect big things educationally from NDSU and SDSU. As the topic says....for a laugh. The Bisonettes take everything so seriously.