SiouxSports.com Forum

assistant coach

Kermit

Here's some of what I found:

Imes - Maine 90-95, IHL, Roller Hockey, currently AC at Tri-City, USHL

No, Imes was in the USHL for less than 1 year.

Then I think he went to NAHL Pitt and became HC after 1 season.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imes recently agreed to become head coach for the Elk River AA girls team.

Olympian in 1994

Dman part of 93 Maine NCAA championship,

95HE player of the year, hobey runner-up, Maine hall of fame

HC in Slovania (Slovakia?)

Has been substitute teaching recently

in the process of getting to know Elk River ACs and meeting players and parents (in addition to applying for another job), "can't wait to get started"

Listed here as head coach of the Forge. Looks like he's been doing several things at once.

Gee, thanks, make me do all the work. No fish for you, although I'm tempted to mail some carp sushi (via pony express) to GF :D

Here's some of what I found:

Imes - Maine 90-95, IHL, Roller Hockey, currently AC at Tri-City, USHL

Ling (brought about fish reference) - Notre DAme 92-96, IHL, ECHL, currently HC at ECHL's DAyton

Raygor - Wisco 95-98, CHL, ECHL

Rochefort - lots of NHL experience with Nordiques and RAngers, Currently AC with QMJHL's Acadie-Bathurst

Sirant - WHL 78-79, Calgary Wranglers

Wise - USHL, early 90's

That's it. Applications will be accepted through today.

Out of this list it looks like this Rochefort has the most experience, and whats up with that Imes he coached or played roller hockey?

Now that it is official that steve johnson has applied, would i be the only one to be disappointed if hakstol didnt give him the job?? :)

I think it all depends on who is hired and how you think they might stack up.

I think Johnson is a no-lose choice, but how could you fault the choice of Eades? I don't know anything about most of the candidates so would be hard to say who is the best choice.

That said, Johnson is probably in the top couple of candidates I would like to see.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I would imagine somebody who is currently active in coaching would get preference, depending on their experience.

With all these names, it might be awhile before we find out who the coach is. When was the last time this much interest was generated in an ASSISTANT coach search!

Lincoln Stars Head Coach Steve Johnson will return to coach his ninth season with the USHL team. Johnson had been considered for an assistant coaching position with the University of North Dakota, a job that has since been offered to another candidate.

I couldn't get the link to work to read the rest of the story.

I couldn't get the link to work to read the rest of the story.

Here's the full article

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, July 30, 2004

STARS HEAD COACH CONFIRMS HIS

RETURN TO LINCOLN

Lincoln Stars Head Coach Steve Johnson will return to coach his ninth

season with the USHL team. Johnson had been considered for an

assistant coaching position with the University of North Dakota, a job

that has since been offered to another candidate.

The Grand Forks native and All-American player for the Fighting Sioux

had also been a candidate for the head coaching job at UND, a position

that was ultimately accepted by their former Associate Head Coach,

Dave Hakstol. As the Stars first and only head coach, Johnson has led

the team to Clark Cup championships in 1997 and 2003, and three

Anderson Cup titles in his eight seasons.

Is eades more qualified that johnson?

I don't think I'm qualified to answer that. But I'll give my opinion.

I think Eades is a very acceptable candidate, and of the 2 I would have been happy with either Johnson or Eades, and that's only because I knew of them. I'm sure some of the other candidates would have been excellent choices too, I just don't know anything about them, so that limited my opinion.

Eades has been a UND assistant previously. I like ties to the UND program. He's also a forward, and played at a high level. He was a "character" guy on teams he played on, played some pro hockey, and has had a successful coaching career at the level he's been at.

For me, those are good qualifications for an assistant coach. Blais didn't have much better coming in as a head coach.

Is Johnson even more qualified? I suppose that is possible. I'm just saying that I think Eades is strong enough.

I have no clue, I think I liked johnson's very close connections to the USHl and his likeability amongst players and potential recruits. Not to mention that the guy was dying to get back to grand forks (not that that is a good reason to hrie somebody).

I believe Eades comes in for his interview on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed over Sunday night and was introduced as the new assistant on Monday. I'll also predict, if it does turn out to be Cary, UND will win another WCHA title next spring and go very deep into the NCAA's. :D

I wonder if Mike Prpich has seen the tape of the early '80's UND/Wisc water bottle game? If Cary is hired, he would end up being the forwards coach. It could be a real interesting year with Cary coaching Mike. :)