SiouxSports.com Forum

new DII schools!

dakotadan

If Mary were to join the NCC they would be no slouch. There is some very big money in Bismarck and some big money that would back the Mary jump. They would soon compete with the best of the NCC. And they would do so because they would be the biggest show (athletic wise) in Bismarck. It's about money.....not the size of the school. It all would make for great competition. You wouldn't find me bad mouthing Mary..........and I am Lutheran!!

Last I checked Sioux fans were a scarce as hens teeth in Crosby.....how do I know? I was born there.... :) Mary would have more fans because it is the WEST.

My dad went to school in crosby back in the day. Still have relatives there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago I graduated from Grenora, ND (by Crosby). There are plenty of big sioux fans in northwest ND. I know you bison fans hate to admit it but hockey is one of the fastest growing sports right now and there are lots of hockey fans in the nw part of the state. Naturally, they tend to follow the sioux. It also doesn't hurt that we have a great football team. This whole west is envious of east/rivalry thing is something that Fargonians have made up in their head to think everyone is jelous of them.

A few years ago I graduated from Grenora, ND (by Crosby). There are plenty of big sioux fans in northwest ND. I know you bison fans hate to admit it but hockey is one of the fastest growing sports right now and there are lots of hockey fans in the nw part of the state. Naturally, they tend to follow the sioux. It also doesn't hurt that we have a great football team. This whole west is envious of east/rivalry thing is something that Fargonians have made up in their head to think everyone is jelous of them.

I have to disagree with you on this, I am from Minot and Fargo and Grand Forks both seem to stick their nose up at the rest of the state. Al least that is the perception that many in the Western part of the state have. This is just a small example of what I am talking about.

When I was young and played travel soccer in ND the all teams from the state would meet at tournaments almost every weekend during the summer, except for Fargo and many times Grand Forks. Grand Forks would play in a few ND Tounaments a year but the Fargo teams would only show up for the state Tourney, which at the time was alway held in Jamestown. This was percieved by many as the Fargo teams felt ND wasn't good enough competition and had to look for quality opponents elsewhere. I am sure not everyone thought this way but most did. The funny thing is that Fargo was almost never good enough to take the state title in any age range at that time.

I disagree with SiouxMeNow. I have spent the last two years living in williston and every year the Bison/Sioux game was a big deal. All of the bars had big events for the game. And quite often you could watch Sioux hockey and other football games at the bars. They would play the Sioux Sports Network on their big screens. THe SSN is turning out to be quite the fan generator. I sure loved it while I was living in williston. It saved me a lot of miles in driving to GF every weekend for sports games!!!!!! :lol: