SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's hockey

dakotadan

This has nothing to do with womens hockey really, but.........

During the intramural coed rec softball tournament at UND my team got to play the team of both male and female fighting sioux hockey players. The men's team players were all great guys (Schneider, Fylling, Greene, McMahon, and Marvin I think) but the females were complete stuck up prudes. We ended up beating them, and the womens players (especially #10 whoever that is) whined the entire time, and didn't want to shake our hands...... :lol:

The season is getting closer!!!!! October is going to come real soon. :lol: I can't wait for that first Minnesota game. We need to get everybody that we know to show up!!!!! I think that the women are going to be a surprise to everyone this year. Does anyone know when their practice starts or has it already?

• 2 weeks later...

I will be completely honest that I am just typing this to get the women's hockey forum back up to the top of the hockey list to get people to check it outl I am trying to get absolutely everyone I know to go to the first games of football as well as women's hockey this season. Both teams need to have a huge season this year!!! I would give absolutely everthing I own, which isn't much, to see UND break Minnesota's attendance record for women's hockey! Just think of the press, and all of the broken hearts, that would create in Minney!!!! Even if your not the worlds biggest women's hockey fan, if you are a UND hockey fan at all, you are going to show up for the first women's game against Minney just to A) chear against the golden blowfers, B) help beat the blowfers attendance record, C) get UND's womens hockey team off to a great start so that our womens hockey team can also own more national championshop banners than the blowfers, just like our mens team owns more national championships. With support, our womens team could be just as successful as our mens team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sioux women are a fine and developing squad. We took in a few games last year, including the pasting the Sioux took at Ridder at the hands of the Gophers last February or something. Around 9 or 10 to 1. My kids and I leaned over the rail as the Sioux were leaving the ice and told them to remember that game, and to remember the feeling, and to remember it well, and to make a point to pay back the Gophers the next time that they saw them.

It would be real cool to fill the Ralph with a big crowd, and send the Gopher women away with the thought of knowing that there are going to be some new sheriffs in the WCHA.

I will be completely honest that I am just typing this to get the women's hockey forum back up to the top of the hockey list to get people to check it outl I am trying to get absolutely everyone I know to go to the first games of football as well as women's hockey this season. Both teams need to have a huge season this year!!! I would give absolutely everthing I own, which isn't much, to see UND break Minnesota's attendance record for women's hockey! Just think of the press, and all of the broken hearts, that would create in Minney!!!! Even if your not the worlds biggest women's hockey fan, if you are a UND hockey fan at all, you are going to show up for the first women's game against Minney just to A) chear against the golden blowfers, B) help beat the blowfers attendance record, C) get UND's womens hockey team off to a great start so that our womens hockey team can also own more national championshop banners than the blowfers, just like our mens team owns more national championships. With support, our womens team could be just as successful as our mens team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That there has to be the single most greatest reason why you should cheer for Women's Hockey!! :p

How do people think they will finish in the wcha? I don't see a conference championship this year, but if the team pulls together well this year I think they could finish somewhere in the middle. They could be a surprise to some other schools.

I think it could be a rough year. I don't think they'll be in the basement, but it'll be a growing year. With Sherri and Stasia gone, the leadership is up for grabs, it'll be interesting to see who steps up to the plate. But with the work ethic that the coaches have come to demand from the players, I know they'll definately surprize a few, but will be respected by many.

That there has to be the single most greatest reason why you should cheer for Women's Hockey!! :lol:

what hockey team do you cheer for at GVSU?? oh yeah, that CLUB team...NDSU had a club team too...like them, I guess you draw as much interest as a paraplegic cartoonist ???

WOW - was that politically incorrect :(;):lol:

so bring it UP! we can take it....we've survived MANY attacks on our nickname/logo/identity!! What does "LAKERS" Mean?? You can only live in a lake?? are you amphibious?? (catch the drift here) People put WAY TOO MUCH emphasis on the nickname of an athletic team....WHAT ARE THE GREEN BAY PACKERS PACKING?:lol:???:lol:;):lol: ...(me thinks FUDGE but I'm a Vikings Fan)

POINT IS - worry about yourself first...and others later...pull the P.I. trigger if you want...I'LL FIGHT YOU TILL I DIE!!!!

(quote: Rocky Hager - former NDSU coach challenging the Fargo Police when his star running back was arrested for throwing rock-loaded snowballs at cars!!

((PS2-the running back was kicked off the team and Rocky was fired the following year for LOSING to UND 3 years in a row....talk about tough job guidelines.... :( )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good game against Regina...very slow start but they really started to gel about half way throught the first period. Some real brilliance shown throughout the game from a few players. They had to be happy about their play...and the rookies did okay, despite the nerves and everything. GO SIOUX!

Even with everything going on this weekend I think there will be a pretty decent attendance for the games. The players have been going around talking to all of the group organizations on campus trying to get people to come. I am in a fraternity and pretty much everyone in the house is planning on going together. I have heard of quite a few other fraternities and sororities that are planning on all going together. Hope it is a huge crowd with some great atmosphere.

Get everybody you know to go to the games. Especially Friday. This is the first WCHA for our women's team and they're trying to get this game to break the attendance record for women's hockey (I think it's 6,000-some).

I know our students will show up, we just need to let everybody know how much fun the game will be.

Tonights the BIG night. I expect to see everyone at the game tonight. Let's cheer our ladies on as they give it to the Gophers!!!!!

Call your friends, call your neighbors. Ler's pack the Ralph for the debut of the Fighting Sioux Women in the WCHA! :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see the women get their first WCHA victory over the weekend. Getting to UMD and UofM's level of play may be a few years off, but it will be interesting to follow the Lamoureux sisters at Shattuck: http://www.s-sm.org/Athletics/Statistics.aspx?TeamId=15. As only 9th graders, Monique and Jocelyne are 2nd and 4th in points on the prep team (and 1st and 2nd in penalties, by far).