SiouxSports.com Forum

George Ellis

UND Fan

Bison fans - I am sure there is a lot of discussion in Fargo about the firing of your longtime SID, George Ellis, on your website. But, I am curious, what is the inside scoop on this? Ellis was an institution down there and has won numerous awards through the years. In my opinion, the great job he did back in the 80s and 90s is one of the reasons that UND stepped it up and now has an excellent Sports Information Department.

It sounds like Ellis has hired an attorney. Is he hoping to get his job back or sue for damages?

somebison - thanks for the info. I understand George was always pretty hard to get along with. Apparently Taylor had enough of him!

Bisonfan1234 really makes some dumg statements on your site, too, doesn't he??

Bisonville.com is an impressive site.

My guess is that George wasn't on line with the move to D1 and didn't change his mind. That is where the psychological difference may lie. With all the awards he won for the University and his efforts at games he was well respected around the nation I would imagine. This may convince other employees that the move up is the best and only way. Intimidation works well very often.

Pretty much everything is speculation at this point.

Taylor said that Ellis wasn't doing the job he wanted.

Ellis's lawyer implied that it was age discrimination.

We'll see how it plays out. Best to wait for each side to make their case.

There is only one thing I'm sure of: it was not done to intimidate other employees. That's ludicrous.

• 2 years later...

I'm glad someone posted about this. I've been keeping an eye on this lawsuit all along. One thing for sure is, you won't hear anything about it from Bison fans. Not a single word. The reason being, Gene Taylor, Craig Bohl, and Tim Miles were all named in the lawsuit. In fact, the judge went as far in his decision to criticize Taylor's testimony as "not truthful". And the judge also completely dismissed the testimonies of Bohl and Miles. Let me get this straight: UND is hostile and abusive?

McFeely continues to rip away.

The judge's comments on the statements by some of the NDSU coaches are priceless.

With this quote, I'm sure McFeely made all kinds of friends in Bisonland. :whistling: It is a black eye for NDSU when Taylor, Bohl, Miles, and Dorn all get publicly rebuked.

The entire situation reeks of the school looking for a way to get rid of Ellis because of a personal dislike or because Ellis didn't fit the corporate, yes-man atmosphere that seems to have taken over the Bison Sports Arena.