SiouxSports.com Forum

Sandelin returning to Grand Forks

PCM

That's great that Sandy is going to coach the World Juniors.

We just don't need him behind the Fighting Sioux bench, what with Hakstol being in the mix.

I said it straight it out of the chute last Friday. Hakstol is the man, and will be announced soon.

No inside information. Just what a little birdie told me. Crow season opens July 15. Those of us who ain't shooting it will be eating it.

All those in favor of a good ol' fashion tar and feathering raise your hand.

Be serious. We can't be wasting tar when there are so many potholes to be repaired in Grand Forks. :);)

Well, you could drive around Grand Forks and dodge potholes, or your could drive around Gopherland and dodge ***holes. Take your pick.

OK back to topic ...

Not sure its all bad that Sandy has some other work to do in December.

[wishful thinking on] Maybe he'll get a little distracted and take his eye off the big Sioux-Dogs series on December 10-11. [/wishful thinking off]

[wishful thinking on] Maybe he'll get a little distracted and take his eye off the big Sioux-Dogs series on December 10-11. [/wishful thinking off]

Speaking of this BIG series, if you intend to make the trek, why not put it on your calendar now and order up tickets today. They are taking orders at UMD. Not shipping tickets yet, mind you, but taking orders and placing them in the hopper on a best available-first come first served basis.

You can be sure that the revived interest in the Dogs will have them selling many more seasons and singles, and that the availability of enemy ducats will take a hit.

In Virg's column in today's Herald, Sandy is still not commenting on his interest in the job because the job hasn't been opened to outside candidates yet. I think this sends a message that he will listen if UND comes calling. If he wasn't interested in the job, then he might as well state that and end all speculation. I really hope he is the next coach at UND. I just don't think Hakstol is the right guy. Of course, hiring from outside will prolong the process a bit, but I think it is worth a bit of pain now rather than make a hasty decision that we will have to live with for years to come.

I just don't think Hakstol is the right guy.  Of course, hiring from outside will prolong the process a bit, but I think it is worth a bit of pain now rather than make a hasty decision  that we will have to live with for years to come.

"If we hire internally, it could happen rapidly," Harmeson said. "Roger can make the decision on whether he feels we have candidates qualified internally to fill the job."

"My expectation is a decision will be made very soon as which direction we will go," Harmeson said. "I'd like to see it done as soon as possible. For me, I'd have liked to have been rolling on it yesterday."

Some reading between the lines could be done here.

"I'm excited that they get the chance to lead the program at least on an interim basis," Thomas said, "and that they can keep the traditions alive and help the team stay together."

Some things are beyond our control.