SiouxSports.com Forum

Old Time Sioux Championships

Zypher

Hay all,

New to the forum, grew up in GF but live in Omaha now. (feel free to inset boo's at any time, lol) I still follow the Sioux every year, and The time has come, to take the 7 year old to his first live hockey game, (he has bee watching the team on NCHC.TV every weekend for the last 2 years, and can't wait for "puck drop" every Friday night.) What better time than when the Sioux come to Omaha on the 18/19th of January.

I have copies of the 82,2000,16 championship games, but can't find the 80,87 or 97 games anywhere. Does anyone know where to find the full game so I can build his excitement for next weekend? I have tried youtube and google searches. Any help would be appreciated.

I think you might find them on Amazon.  The NCAA also used to let you order them direct from them, but they were pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=n%3A2625373011%2Cn%3A!2644981011%2Cn%3A!2644982011%2Cn%3A!2998369011%2Cn%3A332040011%2Cn%3A341039011%2Cp_n_format_browse-bin%3A2650304011&page=2&ie=UTF8&qid=1547128156

Edit:  In looking through the Amazon list, I see '87 and '97, but not '80.

By the way, I'm not certain those NCAA videos are actual videos of the entire game.  Personally I've never purchased one from them.  I think usually you are much better off just going on line and checking to see who has a copy that they recorded and that they're willing to give/sell/trade to you. 

58 minutes ago, Siouxperior said:

Anyone know where the 2016 tournament games can be bought or downloaded or streamed (in higher quality than 360p) ?

Don't see them on Amazon.

The only problem with it is the audio and video are not synced properly.  And before anyone asks, it's not my video.  Still worth watching.

Adam

Thanks Big A HG, that was awesome watching that Natty 8 game again. I have seen reruns of it before and it's different when you know the out come, but still great. That by far beats any game I've watched and/or been to this season.

I guess I'll take this season to have had that last #8, pretty special. What if we never had any of the previous 7 Nattys either and been making the playoffs most every year? What would this forum be like? Lets get back on track and win #9. I know many fan conversations have centered on tying Michigan at #9, and am aware that most of those came long ago, but it would be nice to tie then. 

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

By the way, I'm not certain those NCAA videos are actual videos of the entire game.  Personally I've never purchased one from them.  I think usually you are much better off just going on line and checking to see who has a copy that they recorded and that they're willing to give/sell/trade to you. 

I’ve bought some and I believe it is the whole game minus pregame and commercials.