SiouxSports.com Forum

Is REA going broke?

Fedorov

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm at it.

The rest of you should stop belly aching about the price of the arena, it's inherent costs, and the "entertainment aspect" that has started to revolve around Sioux Hockey.

Like I said. "Go to a hockey game, shut up/cheer and watch it."

It's not like the loud music, promotions, marble floors, $5 beer/hot dogs, $3 tour costs, INFLATION, or anything else changes the fact that 20+ guys/gals show up everynight to play their hearts out so you can have something to feel proud of and cheer for. It also really has nothing to do with you getting what you want out of seeing them play. You make your choices. Nothing has been soured, rather the opposite.

The people here, worried so much about the commercial aspect of the game are probably going to the Clay Aiken concert and eating at Applebees before the show.

It won't be long until corporate advertising has overtaken every level. The inpropriety at the Public School level will only last so long. Although it will most likely never be the Microsoft (Fargo South) Bruins. It will be somewhere closer to that than one may think.

Won't be long? Driven by West Fargo HS or Fargo North HS lately? Both have marquee scrolling advertising (Daktronics?) signs as well as fixed signage for banks, soda vendors, and other businesses.

I worry about who'll be the corporate sponsor of the high school in Barnesville, Minnesota: the Trojans. :D

Oh, and speaking of these "Wakota Arena in South St Paul and the Hastings Arena"

go take a walk in them this summer to refresh you're memory.  There is just a bit of advertising in both of those as well.

Remember, when you go to a hockey game, shut up/cheer and watch it.  Then you'll be participating.  You make your own choices

I have no problem with the advertising. The fans at high school games are still pretty much there to follow the team. The big arena's are here to stay. I didn't say they were bad, just that I prefer the old ones.

Of course not, but I don't think you will change my opinion on what I like.

Hey, I'm a preservationist too, but nostalgic? By the way, if you haven't been in the REA, how would you know the difference?

You should come to the REA though it at the very least is an experience. You get to choose the type. You will learn the history that is associated with the team, not the building. I believe you're looking for history, not proximity.

Concerning the teams you mentioned, all ot them have had more than one facility if you consider how they arrived. (except maybe the Jets)

POS...My advice - skip the wedding. Gopher/Sioux hockey weekend at the REA...Priceless.

Only if you have confetti again for the Gopher sweep! ;)

Actually, I'd love to skip, but the wife is IN the wedding and it is out of state....in the evil state of MI in fact, right by Ann Arbor... :D

WPoS

I haven't looked up where Winnipeg played when they won their three Stanley Cups, but I am sure it wasn't the current Winnipeg Arena.

Winnipeg .. won .. 3 .. Stanley Cups - I'm going off the top of my head but I'm 99.9% sure the Jets never won the Cup, let alone 3 times. I'm pretty sure they were never even in the finals. They may have won the WHA before they joined the NHL. No wonder you have such fond memories of these old rinks, in my head the North Stars won 8 Cups and are still in Minnesota, actually they are still in the playoffs this year. :D

Winnipeg .. won .. 3 .. Stanley Cups - I'm going off the top of my head but I'm 99.9% sure the Jets never won the Cup, let alone 3 times. I'm pretty sure they were never even in the finals. They may have won the WHA before they joined the NHL. No wonder you have such fond memories of these old rinks, in my head the North Stars won 8 Cups and are still in Minnesota, actually they are still in the playoffs this year. :D

Winnipeg Victorias 1896, 1901, 1902

Only if you have confetti again for the Gopher sweep! :D

Actually, I'd love to skip, but the wife is IN the wedding and it is out of state....in the evil state of MI in fact, right by Ann Arbor... ;)

WPoS

No, but we'll have confetti for a Sioux sweep :D

Do these people not own a calender and a hockey schedule? Get married for the Michigan Tech away series, not UND...some people :D

jloos...Did you see the North Stars game last night? Casey came up big a few times to keep his shut out streak at 5498:34 for the playoffs. Bellows had the GWG from Tinordi :angry:

Only if you have confetti again for the Gopher sweep! ;)

Actually, I'd love to skip, but the wife is IN the wedding and it is out of state....in the evil state of MI in fact, right by Ann Arbor... :D

WPoS

Tread lightly in my state WPoS, or else I could set you up to be taken out in the crossfire from U of Michigan - Michigan State fans. :D Either that or give you bad directions that will lead you into the deepest, darkest levels of Detroit. :angry:

Just where exactly around Ann Arbor is that wedding? It would be embrassing to have to be in the same wedding with you. :D

Tread lightly in my state WPoS, or else I could set you up to be taken out in the crossfire from U of Michigan - Michigan State fans. ;) Either that or give you bad directions that will lead you into the deepest, darkest levels of Detroit. ;)

Just where exactly around Ann Arbor is that wedding? It would be embrassing to have to be in the same wedding with you. ;)

wedding is out SW of Detroit towards Ann Arbor someplace, some small little town with a dance hall type thing I think. Groom's name is Dave and bride is Jaime...those names sound familiar? I will PROUDLY wear and WCHA/Gophers stuff I can...I love the look I get from the MI fan types! :D

here we go again ;)

Hey I hear about that (7>5 :D ) all the time...gotta have SOME ammo back! :0 I've had those tid-bts on there for about two months! BTW Goon, how's the golf game? :angry:

Hey I hear about that (7>5 :D ) all the time...gotta have SOME ammo back! :angry: I've had those tid-bts on there for about two months! BTW Goon, how's the golf game? ;)

I am up to mid season form already. Some good shots, and a whole lot of bad shots. I am pretty sure that I won't be breaking any course records this summer, except maybe for the most 3 putts and muffed approach shots in one 18 hole round.