SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Hall of Fame

dmksioux

Does anyone have any information on the "proposed" NCAA Hockey Hall of Fame. I understand that there are parties from Grand Forks that have the naming rights for such a museum. I have also heard that fund raising has already begun for building the museum on 42nd street. Just curious if anyone else has any info?

The museum could not be placed next to the Ralph because that is on "university" owned land. The NCAA does not want to show any biases so it needs to be placed off of University land. I believe the NCAA football hall of fame is the same way in South Bend (Not on Notre Dames Campus). This topic has been discussed before. I know that parties interested in putting the museum next to the Ralph, have the naming rights for a certain amount of time. If they choose not to build by certain deadline, I'm assuming they lose the naming rights. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows whether or not a decision to build next to the Alerus has been made. The fairly reliable source I have states that fund raising for such a project has begun. I guess I'm looking for confirmation, although the person who told me fundraising has begun is in a position to know that kind of info.

dmksioux:

Here's an article from last year on the New Decade Horizons group, which is driving force behind the Collegiate Hockey Hall of Fame. For confirmation, you can check with one of the members of this group.

Since Canad Inns is building their hotel/water park/movie theater complex at the Alerus Center, fundraising for the Hall of Fame should be going forward now. Whether that effort is successful or not will be determined.

dmksioux:

Here's an article from last year on the New Decade Horizons group, which is driving force behind the Collegiate Hockey Hall of Fame.  For confirmation, you can check with one of the members of this group.

Since Canad Inns is building their hotel/water park/movie theater complex at the Alerus Center, fundraising for the Hall of Fame should be going forward now.  Whether that effort is successful or not will be determined.

Seems to me it'd be a good time to do a follow up article.

not much according to http://aquaticcenterfriends.com/