SiouxSports.com Forum

Pioneers vs. Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

I see in the recap the GWG was a deflection off Fulghum, rather than straight in by Bull. Must have been a dozen Sioux deflections in this game that didn't go on net; that's the way the puck bounces, I guess.

On ZP, a bit worried that NJ will want him for the Stanley Cup playoffs, since they have been struggling for offense for the past couple months. Of course, following the playoffs, it's off in search of a place in the minors or Europe to play in the fall when the lockout occurs.

And, although it would seem the NCAA winner will emerge from the MN/MDU game, there's still room for another game like last night, from Denver or Maine, in the FF.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend reminded me of something that happened during the game that I was going to bring up.

Did anyone see Greene from the right point (was it the PP?) do a Roche-like deke on the defender, skate down closer to the slot and lauch a nice shot at the net? I was really impressed as I hadn't seen that from Matt before.

Did anyone see Greene from the right point (was it the PP?) do a Roche-like deke on the defender, skate down closer to the slot and lauch a nice shot at the net? I was really impressed as I hadn't seen that from Matt before.

TH described it just about that way on the radio broadcast. Preview of next year's Greene :)

I just had someone try to tell me that

- Zach's potential departure, and

- not going to Boston for the Frozen Four

is all Jordan Parise's fault.

Forgive me, but Jordan Parise's line for the weekend was 1 goal allowed.

If you would have told me "one goal allowed" on Thursday I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

This weekend,

it wasn't goaltending

it wasn't defense

it was lack of offense.

Where were

Lundbohm, Genoway, Stafford, Murray, Fylling, and all the rest?

Forget about who may be standing there.

Shoot the puck at the net.

I got told that UND still needs a goaltender. This need thing is out of hand. I REALLY think that Karl G was so good that, when he graduated, it left a sort of curse on all the goaltenders who followed him. Even if we have a goaltender who does well, he will have to do better than Karl in a visible manner, and/or get us at least one NC. JPar and Brandt are good goaltenders. I don't see their problems right now.

Crash the net!

Forgive me for being blunt:

- Forget cycling the puck low on an Olympic rink (you're too far from the net)

- Forget who's in the other jerseys

- Forget who's standing in their crease and their stats (he's human)

- Forget whatever their game plan is (it won't matter)

Sioux hockey is:

- strong defense

- speed-based puck pursuit

- puck control to generate offense.

Play Sioux Hockey.

Other than defense, I didn't see Sioux Hockey this weekend.