SiouxSports.com Forum

crow

WPoS

"I don't think it's wise for Gopher fans to be gloating about the victorey when tDogs had 100 goals sitting in the stands for the game."

This is comical, because I can remember plenty of gloating from the puppies when they beat the gophers 6 weeks ago and the gophers had Vanek, and both Poltulny brothers sitting in the stands. And I also remember hearing a lot of yipping back in Novemember when both ballard and Harrington where "in the stands". Injuries are part of hockey don't make excuses for your second rate program.

P.S. I have a feeling "WE" will be seeing Mich St in GR! :D

UMD Dogz, Do you have any report on the status of the injured players Lessard, Hambly, Brosz ? I want to see Duluth play with all hands on deck. Any updates would be greatly appreciated. If you get by State I like your chances against the Goofies on neutal ice.

"I don't think it's wise for Gopher fans to be gloating about the victorey when tDogs had 100 goals sitting in the stands for the game."

This is comical, because I can remember plenty of gloating from the puppies when they beat the gophers 6 weeks ago and the gophers had Vanek, and both Poltulny brothers sitting in the stands. And I also remember hearing a lot of yipping back in Novemember when both ballard and Harrington where "in the stands". Injuries are part of hockey don't make excuses for your second rate program.

With all due respect: One doesn't call a team that beat you 4 out of 5 times a second rate program. Yeah, you beat them in the end and you beat us too, but every team loses eventually and sometimes even the best teams fall on their faces. The Gophers played better in the Final Five than the Bulldogs and the Sioux and they have the Broadmoor to show for it.

Calling a Bulldog team that hasn't been this good since, perhaps, the mid 80s second rate is a little bit ludicrous.

That being said, MSU vs tUMD will be the game to watch in Grand Rapids as I have no doubt that Minnesota will handle their opponent easily.

Vanek played the Friday game....remember...the cheap shot at the end of the first period?? The one that should have gotten his ars thrown out.

Oh wait...you forgot about that, didnt you?

and it was October, not November.

UMD is not a second rate program...even last year, our second rate team beat the Goofers at the DECC, when Vanek couldnt hit the broad side of a barn to get an empty net goal....which resulted in Stapleton coming down the side, taking a shot, and Jon Fransisco cleaning up the rebound.

Believe me...we will meet in GR.....we'll hold up our end of the deal, hopefully the Goofers do the same.

"Second rate" programs are not in the running for a top four NCAA bid the last weekend before NCAA play nor do "second rate" programs call Duluth home.

Second rate programs call (insert ECAC college town here) home. :D

That would leave the CHA and AHA with wannabes and third rate teams right? ;)

Duluth knows what they're doing. You can tell by who they hired. Sandelin is a GREAT coach and a SUPERB recruiter. He may not land the Vaneks or the Parises, but he lands quality players that may have slipped under the radar (Lessard, Schwabe, Reichmuth) that contend night after night because they have skill, but they also have chemistry. I think the Bulldogs blend well together on the ice. You can have a team of superstars and flounder terribly (NY Rangers?). This will never happen with the Bulldogs. UMN, UMD, and UND will be fighting for #1 in the WCHA for many years to come. I'm sure of it.

A second rate program would be a program that apprears every 8 or 9 years the goes away again, ala UMD. So "yes" they are a good team, but not a great program. If they keep it going at the level they are at for a 4 or 5 years then it would be considered a good program.

And you are correct Vanek did play Friday night and was about 50%, thus he sat out Saturday.

Okay... I'm a man of my word so I'll go ahead and say it. The gophers are back. They played really well last weekend, and I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think they would. Savor the flavor gopher fans.

However...

It seems that everything is still going according to the master plan... :D

Airmail's Master Plan

If only you would have added "St." to your Michigan Nostradamus (I think I butchered that name) would be jealous.