SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Frozen Four

The Sicatoka

On 6/2/2016 at 2:46 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Bridgestone (with Broadway Street right there) is a lot of fun.
No further comment. 

Nashville would be amazing.  All the bars are right down the street from the arena and that town is town is fun no matter what day of the week you are there. Also, don't even get me started with the food options down there.... :love:

I've never been into Bridestone but it seems pretty nice based on the pictures I've seen and there are certainly enough hotels in that city to support an event like this.  Nashville checks all the boxes.  I'd love to see the Frozen Four end up there one day.

1 hour ago, OshieRoll said:

Nashville would be amazing.  All the bars are right down the street from the arena and that town is town is fun no matter what day of the week you are there. Also, don't even get me started with the food options down there.... :love:

I've never been into Bridestone but it seems pretty nice based on the pictures I've seen and there are certainly enough hotels in that city to support an event like this.  Nashville checks all the boxes.  I'd love to see the Frozen Four end up there one day.

Grew up in Nashville, go back frequently, and would love to make a visit for the Frozen Four. Bridgestone Arena is a great facility, despite being 20 years old. They are also doing some major renovations, including new seats. 

I remember they hosted a UAH versus Merrimack in 2011 which had low attendance, but seems that would be expected.  I also vaguely remember Arena folks did attempt to land either a Frozen Four or Regional a few years ago, but not sure why it failed. 

http://section303.com/uah-no-match-for-15th-ranked-merrimack-8736