SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs Game

And we have more departures - Benn, Seguin, Oduya, Lehtonen, and petey23 stays in the race with his 4 remaining Blues.

5/12 update (Day 28):

84 - Goon

82 - petey23

78 - UND-RedSox fan

69 - DaveK

64 - Sicatoka I

64 - Ray77

55 - Fetch

36 - Sicatoka II

So the Sharks defeat the Preds 5-0 and the only point that is scored in our game is Sicatoka II getting a goal from Joel Ward!  How the heck did Burns not record a point?

5/13 update (Day 29):

84 - Goon

82 - petey23

78 - UND-RedSox fan

69 - DaveK

64 - Sicatoka I

64 - Ray77

55 - Fetch

37 - Sicatoka II

5/26 update (Day 41):

103 - DaveK

98 - Goon

90 - petey23

85 - UND-RedSox fan

69 - Sicatoka I

64 - Ray77

60 - Fetch

48 - Sicatoka II

We lost a few more players last night, and more to come tonight.  Backes, Brouwer, Tarasenko, Parayko, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk....GONE.  And with that, petey23's team is eliminated.  A Pittsburgh win tonight gives DaveK the victory.  A Pittsburgh loss tonight will mean that Goon has Burns and Hedman remaining in the Finals to catch DaveK.

36 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

5/26 update (Day 41):

103 - DaveK

98 - Goon

90 - petey23

85 - UND-RedSox fan

69 - Sicatoka I

64 - Ray77

60 - Fetch

48 - Sicatoka II

We lost a few more players last night, and more to come tonight.  Backes, Brouwer, Tarasenko, Parayko, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk....GONE.  And with that, petey23's team is eliminated.  A Pittsburgh win tonight gives DaveK the victory.  A Pittsburgh loss tonight will mean that Goon has Burns and Hedman remaining in the Finals to catch DaveK.

I'll show  myself out.

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/guy-jumps-out-of-window-suddenly.gif

5/27 update (Day 42):

Well, that's all she wrote, folks.  Congrats to DaveK on the victory!  He had faith in his boys and we all thought he was crazy (well, at least I did) but it paid off.  I'll keep updating the scores, but it's a done deal.  In fact, the most interesting race remaining will be to see if UND-RedSox fan can catch petey23 for 3rd place with Burns and Letang.

106 - DaveK - entire team remaining

99 - Goon - Crosby and Burns

90 - petey23 - entire team eliminated

85 - UND-RedSox fan - Burns and Letang

69 - Sicatoka I - Crosby

64 - Ray77 - entire team has been eliminated for forever

60 - Fetch - Crosby

48 - Sicatoka II - Ward and Shultz

3 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

5/27 update (Day 42):

In fact, the most interesting race remaining will be to see if UND-RedSox fan can catch petey23 for 3rd place with Burns and Letang.

What? You don't think "Sicatoka II" has a shot at catching Fetch? :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

What? You don't think "Sicatoka II" has a shot at catching Fetch? :D

Nope...but I will say it's pretty impressive that Sicatoka II did that well this year.  Almost beat Fetch and I and we were trying to pick "good" teams! :D

I also do think that Fetch can catch Ray77, but I'm pretty much pretending that this all never really happened.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Nope...but I will say it's pretty impressive that Sicatoka II did that well this year.  Almost beat Fetch and I and we were trying to pick "good" teams! :D

And to think Drouin and Fabbri were two of the last four "Sicatoka II" eliminated. 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And to think Drouin and Fabbri were two of the last four "Sicatoka II" eliminated. 

And to think, NOBODY in this game took Logan Couture or Joe Pavelski (the top 2 point scorers), or Kucherov, Thornton or Johnson.  That's 5 of the top 7 point scorers in the playoffs up until now.  Granted, you'd have had to think SJ and TB were going to keep winning.  Tampa was my team last year which I rode to a victory, and I abandoned them this year.  DOH!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, Ray77 said:

And to think, NOBODY in this game took Logan Couture or Joe Pavelski (the top 2 point scorers), or Kucherov, Thornton or Johnson.  That's 5 of the top 7 point scorers in the playoffs up until now.  Granted, you'd have had to think SJ and TB were going to keep winning.  Tampa was my team last year which I rode to a victory, and I abandoned them this year.  DOH!

Being the great hockey mind that I am, I picked the Kings to take out the Sharks and since you always have to have 1 upset I picked Detroit to upset Tampa since the Lightning were missing 5 or 6 key guys when the series started.:(

6/13 update (Day 48) - sorry I missed the Game 5 update on 6/10...I was away.  Here are the final standings.  Congrats to DaveK on the win here at SS.com, and also to him and his Penguins on the Stanley Cup victory!

133 - DaveK

107 - Goon

94 - UND-RedSox fan

90 - petey23

73 - Sicatoka I

64 - Ray77

64 - Fetch

52 - Sicatoka II

• Upvote 1