SiouxSports.com Forum

Don't tell anyone

PCM

With the best goalie in the WCHA (UW's Bernd Bruckler) not at the Final Five, which team in the tournament has the best goaltending in the conference? The answer might surprise you. But don't tell Doug Woog or any Gopher fans. They won't believe you.

Goals Against Average

UND- Jordan Parise 2.14

UND- Jake Brandt 2.18

CC - Matt Zaba 2.42

UMD - Isaac Reichmuth 2.49

CC- Curtis McElhinney 2.52

UM - Kellen Briggs 2.72

UAA- Chris King 3.35

UAA - Kevin Reiter 3.76

Save Percentage

UND - Jake Brandt .913

UMD- Isaac Reichmuth .913

UAA - Chris King .913

UND - Jordan Parise .910

CC - Matt Zaba .910

CC - Curtis McElhinney .900

UAA - Kevin Reiter .894

UM - Kellen Briggs .887

Win Percentage

UND - Jake Brandt .857 (12- 2- 0)

UMD - Isaac Reichmuth .818 (17- 3- 2)

UND - Jordan Parise .679 (8- 3- 3)

UM - Kellen Briggs .604 (14- 9- 1)

CC - Curtis McElhinney .500 (6- 6- 0)

UAA - Kevin Reiter .393 (5- 8- 1)

CC - Matt Zaba .375 (5- 9- 2)

UAA - Chris King .214 (2-10- 2)

I've been telling you all longer than I can remember that the Sioux's biggest problem was when they don't play Brandt. It obviously hasn't been a problem this year, but last year it cost them.

No, actually, it didn't. Brandt played well down the strectch. Not being able to score during the last third of the season was a far bigger problem than goaltending.

The defense has certainly helped but both have bailed the team out on a number of occasions this year. Both have had good years and a good d in front of you helps but you still have to make the key saves, and for the most part the goalies have done that this year.

The only reason their numbers are so good is because of our defense. :angry:

I agree somewhat, our defense has bee very good......however, don't take away from the goalies accomplishments.....Give them some credit for once?!

The Sioux goalies have been great this year! (one bad game each in Wisc, not bad!) But, the best goalie in the Final Five is Issac Reichmouth. The SIOUX TWO are good too, but Reich is just better....unless the Dogs have to play the Sioux!!! Without playing the Sioux, his GAA and winning pct would be way better....then again, what goalie's wouldn't? Look for the Sioux to give up the least goals in the tourney with the best goalie-defense combonation!!

By the way, question mark, :angry:????Kellen Briggs?:lol:??? not solid, still needs to prove he is a clutch guy. If the team plays up, he just has to be OK. He cannot win them a game without help!

King is the man on a bad team (UAA) his defense ain't good enough. He has to be perfect for them to win.

McIlheney is good, and CC is on a bit of a roll.

Duluth,...Enough said! Great team if they don't play ND!

No, actually, it didn't. Brandt played well down the strectch. Not being able to score during the last third of the season was a far bigger problem than goaltending.

Good point. I should have said the goalies were taking the fall for the lack of scoring last year. At least if I wanted to be accurate. :angry:

I used to agree that our only goaltending was our # 1 rated defense, but Brandt actually won the second game for us against a very good and determined Duluth team on the road. He has been playing extremely well for sometime. The guy stood on his head. He's always had the skills, now he's getting his head in the game too!

The Sioux goalies have been great this year! (one bad game each in Wisc, not bad!) But, the best goalie in the Final Five is Issac Reichmouth.

I'm not sure I can agree with this. Jake and Isaac are tied in one statistical category and Jake is above him in the others. They went head-to-head in Duluth. Reichmuth gave up six goals. Brandt gave up two.

Stats aside, IMO when you get to playoffs, you can take MOST of them and toss them out the window...tUMD goalie (won't even try to spell it) sure didn't live up to his rep or stats when playing MSU. Neither did UND's or UW's goaltenders...playoff hockey is different than regular season.

WPoS

:lol:

yes it was like you guys last year! :lol: But when Kellen is over .900 save %, we are %100. So as long as that keeps up.... :lol:

WPoS

So you're basically telling us that one in every four games Briggs has a Save % less than .900 and therefore a loss. That's great...SCSU Win...SCSU Win...UMD Win...UND :) (Loss) So long as that keeps up!!!

I've just realized this most amazing statistic!

In games where the difference between officially recorded UND shots on goal and officially recorded opponent's saves is greater than the difference between officially recorded opponent's shots on goal and officially recorded UND goaltender saves UND's record is perfect!