SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers Turn Golden At Playoff Time

PCM

Your smugness & condescending attitude typifies what I despise about Gopher fans. You'd receive better responses by preaching to the choir at POI.

Postpone this banter until Friday night at 10:00pm. Heck we might not ever seeing each other in the Final Five. Save the trash talkin for the Championship game if both the Gophers and Sioux make it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your smugness & condescending attitude typify what I despise about Gopher fans. You'd receive better responses by preaching to the choir at POI.

SFiP, If I can't defend my team at all when it is getting slammed...if you take that as smug/condescending... :angry:

Drop the puck....

WPoS

Your smugness & condescending attitude typifies what I despise about Gopher fans. You'd receive better responses by preaching to the choir at POI.

:angry:

What the heck are you talking about anyway? I don't waste a majority of my time thinking about you clueless dorks & I don't know how you got that impression. I read these threads & respond with appropriate comments about hockey; but if I see a dimwit Gopher spouting off, chances are I'll respond to that also. Hopefully that sunk in, Basil, & I don't have to explain this simple response all night.

I'll vouch for WPoS as well. He turns a mighty good corn liquor still down by

the railroad tracks before Gopher home games, so I've heard. Of course, they

do have plenty of corn to distill in Minnesota.

As I said long ago, in Minnesota, they grow corn and raise hockey players.

Here in North Dakota, we are smart enough to grow sugar beets, and raise banners. :angry:

WPoS knows his hockey, and will be there for every game this weekend. Not many of us, perhaps, have that degree of affinity for the league, and for the game.

While WPoS is full of it on many fronts, he is more often just plain full up, and a mighty friendly, and knowledgeable guy, when he is full up.

Ahhh.... The playoffs must be upon us if you all are lighting WPOS up. :angry:

As bad as some of you think the Gophers are, I ask who is better?

UND

UMaine

BC

UMD

DU?

Michigan?

It is a pretty short list. The last couple of years the list was shorter, but so be it.

Of course there isn't a list of teams better than UND this year. I think this weekend is huge. This is the Gophers last chance to prove to themselves they can win two games against elite teams.

As for UND, if they win the WCHA tourney I think they will win the NCAA's. If they don't, the NCAA are in question as well, although they would still likely be my pick.

As bad as some of you think the Gophers are, I ask who is better?

I don't think the Gophers are bad. But compared to the Sioux, they don't score as much, their defensive corps isn't as strong and they're not as solid in goal. Other than that, they're a wonderful team. :angry:

sagard,

I don't think the Gophers are a bad team; in fact, they're downright very good when they actually try. They just haven't shown me they have the consistency it takes to bring home the hardware this year. And isn't proven consistency, not just the fact that a team has talent on its roster, what most people look at first & most when forecasting their team's liklihood of winning it all (especially at this time of the year)? Maybe they have a switch they can collectively flip come playoff time & play on all cylinders for 4 straight games, proving me & others wrong. I just don't see it happening though.

sagard,

I don't think the Gophers are a bad team; in fact, they're downright very good when they actually try. They just haven't shown me they have the consistency it takes to bring home the hardware this year. And isn't proven consistency, not just the fact that a team has talent on its roster, what most people look at first & most when forecasting their team's liklihood of winning it all (especially at this time of the year)? Maybe they have a switch they can collectively flip come playoff time & play on all cylinders for 4 straight games, proving me & others wrong. I just don't see it happening though.

that has been the problem all year, and what most Gopher fans HOPE has happened. That they start to play as a TEAM! We've seen glimmerings of it all season, and we HOPE that after 4 games of solid play against an albeit declining opponent, it was a catalyst to get things sparking. Only time will tell.

As for the sudden love fest.....ah, I was wondering why I was having weird dreams last night! :lol: I think maybe a few people had a few too many green beers to be THAT nice to me! :angry:

WPoS

Not much on the homer article.

I'll stick up for WPoS, sagard, and Greyeagle as for Gopher fans who frequent this board. You cannot expect them to say the Gopher stink and the Sioux rule, but you can expect them to admit defeat once the final horn has sounded. :lol:

I've defended them in the past, and although my word doesn't mean much, that's good enough for me.

Now if I could only get a picture of those three wearing Sioux jerseys holding the sign "Spoiler ahead, Sioux Sweep" it would be classic. :angry: