SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final Five Semi-Finals Coverage

The Sicatoka

I am a first time poster but a long time sioux fan. Take this for what it's worth. A co-worker of mine has a professional relationship with a higher up at WDAZ. This person at WDAZ states that a feed can be picked up for the afternoon game on Friday for a price. WDAZ was waiting to make a decision until after the Sioux women's basketball game on Monday night. Apparently they did not have enough money to cover both hockey and Elite Eight tourney. Now that the women are out of the picture, there may be a chance that WDAZ picks up the feed and broadcasts it on FSSN. Again I feel my source is fairly reliable, but definitely not fullproof. So take it for what it's worth.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a first time poster but a long time sioux fan. Take this for what it's worth. A co-worker of mine has a professional relationship with a higher up at WDAZ. This person at WDAZ states that a feed can be picked up for the afternoon game on Friday for a price. WDAZ was waiting to make a decision until after the Sioux women's basketball game on Monday night. Apparently they did not have enough money to cover both hockey and Elite Eight tourney. Now that the women are out of the picture, there may be a chance that WDAZ picks up the feed and broadcasts it on FSSN. Again I feel my source is fairly reliable, but definitely not fullproof. So take it for what it's worth.

so wait im confused.. does that mean only people who can get WDAZ can get the game?:angry: how about putting it on the statewide fighting sioux network!!!

I am a first time poster but a long time sioux fan.  Take this for what it's worth.  A co-worker of mine has a professional relationship with a higher up at WDAZ.  This person at WDAZ states that a feed can be picked up for the afternoon game on Friday for a price.  WDAZ was waiting to make a decision until after the Sioux women's basketball game on Monday night.  Apparently they did not have enough money to cover both hockey and Elite Eight tourney.  Now that the women are out of the picture, there may be a chance that WDAZ picks up the feed and broadcasts it on FSSN.  Again I feel my source is fairly reliable, but definitely not fullproof.  So take it for what it's worth.

The "word around the campfire" is that WDAZ is trying to sell advertising to those people who initially purchased for the womens bb coverage. My source tells me that this game, however, will cost more than the bb game... so they need to sell a bunch of advertising in a hurry.

They're trying! :angry:

Is it possible WDAZ could put this game statewide on the fighting sioux network, Or will it be just in the eastern part of the state?

I would think that it would be easier to sell advertising if the game was broadcast statewide, but I don't know the logistics involved in doing that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :angry:

I was just driving down Washington and the Southgate sign said "watch Fighting Sioux Hockey here 2:00 Friday". Take it for what it's worth.

I hope you're right... since I can't get to the Final Five this year, it's my next best option. A few of us are meeting there for lunch on Friday, and I'm sure we'll "take a long lunch." :angry:

(yes, SFIP, I know you don't condone such things) :lol::)

Well, according to Patrick O'Connor, Director of Broadcasting, Minnesota Wild, who is also listed as one of the producers of the games:

"It will be shown on WDAZ in Sioux territory. No local coverage in the Twin

Cities.

cheers,

patO"

Not sure if that means WDAZ only in Grand Forks; or if WDAY in Fargo or FSSN will also have the game.

I have fired off a message to someone at WDAZ; and will update everyone with what I hear back.

Other than that, hopefully an announcement will be made soon.

Gee PCM, does this means UND could take some initiative and get something done with WDAZ? :O

Hey Stevie Wonder.........Did you not see my post??? :angry:

Its right above yours... :lol:

It is going to be on WDAZ in GF only...don't know about FSSN

Hey Stevie Wonder.........Did you not see my post??? :angry:

Its right above yours... :lol:

It is going to be on WDAZ in GF only...don't know about FSSN

I emailed WDAZ, and they said it would be on "WDAZ", and I asked if that meant whoever got WDAZ, like Roseau....and Sweeny actually emailed me back.....and said "Yes, that is correct"......so we'll see! :) I'll be down there, but it'll be fun to watch on tape when I get back......

lot of Sioux fans in Roseau too! :lol:

I emailed WDAZ, and they said it would be on "WDAZ", and I asked if that meant whoever got WDAZ, like Roseau....and Sweeny actually emailed me back.....and said "Yes, that is correct"......so we'll see! :) I'll be down there, but it'll be fun to watch on tape when I get back......

lot of Sioux fans in Roseau too! :lol:

If you can pick up WDAZ, you will be able to see it.

I think they were making the point (GF only) that it wouldnt be on WDAY

Still wondering about the FSSN

WDAZ will give up this Friday afternoon line-up

2:00 General Hospital

3:00 I Love Lucy (Lucy Meets the Queen)

3:30 Andy Griffith (Three Wishes for Opie)

4:00 Judge Joe Brown

4:30 Judge Judy

but Fox Sports won't give up

2:00 PM NBA Action '03-'04

2:30 PM Big 12 Showcase '03-'04

3:00 PM On Campus '03-'04

3:30 PM 54321

4:00 PM Spinks vs Mayorga at Boardwalk Hall (rerun from Sunday night)

WDAZ is losing more ratings giving up GH (check the numbers, but don't ask me how GH gets ratings, not a soap fan at all) than anything Fox would give up in that slot.

Why isn't Fox going for the game if WDAZ is willing to make that programming trade? Fox would get all of its coverage area, not just WDAZ's portion.

Why isn't Fox going for the game if WDAZ is willing to make that programming trade? Fox would get all of its coverage area, not just WDAZ's portion.

I guess we're supposed to believe that a network called Fox Sports North would be making a huge mistake by broadcasting SPORTS that occur in the NORTH.

I can see the network executives meeting now: "They expect us to broadcast a hockey playoff game live? WTF is up with our viewers, anyway?" :lol::angry: