SiouxSports.com Forum

sioux #2 seed

nickelboy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we might play the bison again. But one game at a time. The bison have a tough road as they will have a tough S.D. team to beat first. SDSU gets a break with the 4th seed as they will not have to meet an NCC opponet until the final. Good year to be #4.

What a crock the set-up here is. How CSP remains #1 after their loss today is unbelievable. I don't care about their record, UND and even NDSU's SOS has to be enormously better. We saw UMD play UND on the same day as the national title football game, they were not a good team at all, a team about the caliber of Augie. And the men's side isn't any better. UNO is the 3, SDSU is the 4, and USD is the 6, despite the fact that SDSU lost 3 of their last 4, 2 x's to USD. I cannot be alone in being really upset and questioning the system by this.

The conference tournaments have very little effect on regional seedings. They are purely a vehicle to give the conference celler dwellers an opportunity to win the conference tournament and advance to the regional.

That point is disspelled by the fact that UND moved up 2 spots for the regional by winning the conference tourney.

Maybe if UND had offered up the Ralph to host the Regional they would have said no to St Paul. I know I would have made one more trip to Grand Forks to see a game in that fine facility!

The Ralph is busy next weekend.

And virgfossisgod, it's pretty tough to have a 2 vs. 3 final. If things go the way that they should, it will be Sioux/bison IV in the semi's.

It seems that the regional selection comittee will do anything to keep the NCC schools from hosting. Look back two years to the Mesa State games. All of the teams that made the regionals from that area went down in the first round. I would agree that looking at the SOS should have had UND hosting. Hyslop would have been a good place to hold the regional finals. At least Hyslop can hold more than 1200 fans.

Some of you have mentioned how the conference tourn. do not have much effect on the regional selection. I would have agreed had UND not been moved up. If you remember last year, UND went into SDSU and beat SDSU to win the NCC tourney. However, they remained #5 in region and drew SDSU in semis. How ironic, that this year UND goes into NDSU and beats them for NCC tourney, and then gets move up to #2. Guess who UND would draw in semis if both win???? NDSU. UND would have been better off being left in 4th like last year. Look how easy SDSU has it. No NCC school until finals. Seems to me the only advantage to the NCC tourney is making it hard for ND shcools to make it to Elite 8.

Some of you have mentioned how the conference tourn. do not have much effect on the regional selection. I would have agreed had UND not been moved up. If you remember last year, UND went into SDSU and beat SDSU to win the NCC tourney. However, they remained #5 in region and drew SDSU in semis. How ironic, that this year UND goes into NDSU and beats them for NCC tourney, and then gets move up to #2. Guess who UND would draw in semis if both win???? NDSU. UND would have been better off being left in 4th like last year. Look how easy SDSU has it. No NCC school until finals. Seems to me the only advantage to the NCC tourney is making it hard for ND shcools to make it to Elite 8.

right on! there is no consistancy when it comes to seeding these teams. They know that having UND and NDSU #2 and #3 they will have to play again which would draw a bigger gate on Con.- St. Paul's palace floor. They always want us to take the tough road. Looking back we should have thown the game against SDSU, and perhaps got the unbelievable #4th seed. SDSU #4 seed what a joke.

It really doesn't look like Concordia is very well prepared to host this tournament. I just read on their web site that there will be no advance ticket sales. You have to buy your tickets at the arena, and the ticket windows won't open until one hour before the first game. Also, all tickets will be general admission--no reserved seats at all. I don't think I've ever heard of not being able to buy tickets in advance, and not having any reserved seats.

I guess it's not important to have reserve seating in a place that only seats around 2,000. It would have been fun to get the hyslop rocking one last time. Should be fun trying to fight for tickets on friday. I take it we will be in the afternoon bracket since CON. is the home team.

It doesn't surprise me that they have no reserved seats at all. Their gym is very new, but the set-up is terrible. It is basically like UND's multipurpose gym, but with permanent seating on one end that they pull out. Then, on the bench side, they will wheel in some seats that look like they want to break, like the seats on the visitor's side at Memorial Stadium. There are 2 ways into the gym, one is a hidden hallway and the other is a very narrow staircase which is only 4-5 people wide. The concession area is at the top of the stairs, but it is tiny as well. The tourney is probably going to be a mess between and before games if more then 1000 people show up.

You can take a virtual tour of this arena here. Corella is correct with regard to there being permanent seating on just one side. I honestly don't think the Concordia athletic department has any idea what it's gotten itself into. The idea of ticket demand far exceeding ticket supply is going to be a completely foreign concept for them. Way to think this through, regional committee. ???

I was there for the volleyball regional in November, and even it was run poorly. The first night, the UND game was the first of the tourney, and we couldn't get into the gym until it was 1/2 an hour before game time for who knows why, so we had to sit in the lobby/ticket area downstairs for a good 20 minutes with probably 50 other UND and UMD fans. The gym is enormous like I said, like the UND multi purpose gym, so crowd noise is pretty much a non-factor. What they did for thh volleyball regional was put laminated signs up on top of the bleachers on both sides. Wherever your team sign was, each team's fans were directed to, and that is where you were designated to seat, it was like a high school game or something. They also wheel in some metal seats like the kind at softball fields and throw 2 behind the basket. If that is how things are seated this weekend, I cannot even imagine what will go on. I was told by NDSU basketball players that the floor was terrible and the atmosphere was just the same. Despite its relative newness, the gym is a complete joke.

bring your walking shoes. i have been there many times and parking is a mess. i watched the nba slam dunk contest there and they said there was 4000 people in that gym. i never had seen a gym so packed and the line to get in was 1/2 mile long. i waited for three hours ??? and they turned away thousands. i dont know if csp knows what it is in for with three of the best traveling teams in the ncc coming to town. they should have allocated tickets to each school and thats it! then put signs up stating SOLD OUT! good luck to the ncc schools.

Each team at CSP gets 60 seats behind the bench for their game only. FIrst come First seat! Anyone heard what the ticket prices will be? I beat overpriced so they can make their guarentee to the NCAA, with such limited seating. I guess the NCAA will go to no lengths to keep (get) the National Championship out of the NCC.

Having just looked at the virtual tour of the arena, I see that it has seating only on one side. Talking to one of the asst coaches, they did have seating on both sides for the NSIC tourney. But still, what a JV league set up! NOthing like what an NCC school could provide.

Each team at CSP gets 60 seats behind the bench for their game only. FIrst come First seat! Anyone heard what the ticket prices will be? I beat overpriced so they can make their guarentee to the NCAA, with such limited seating. I guess the NCAA will go to no lengths to keep (get) the National Championship out of the NCC.

This comes directly from the CSP website:

Tickets

Tickets can be purchased at the gate. The ticket window for the games will open an hour before the first game each session. ALL SEATS ARE GENERAL ADMISSION - THERE WILL BE NO RESERVED SEATING - The Gangelhoff Center will hold 4,500 fans for the 2004 NCAA North Central Regional

Prices

Single Game

Adults: $10.00/session

Students: $6.00/session

Kids Under 12: $3.00

All Tournament Pass

Adults: $25.00

Students: $15.00

Parking

There is limited parking behind the Gangelhoff Arena in Lot C. Lot D is located on Mashall Avenue, approximately two blocks from the Arena. There is also off-street parking on St. Paul streets near the campus

I saw their web site also. The part about 4500 seats was bolded to stick out. Apparently this is not always the case and people are concerned about enough seating. Since it is all general seating, they will probably keep selling tickets until everyone is sitting on each others laps! Or standing room only! What a joke.

Not a chance in hell that 4500 people get into that place, I'd venture a guess of no more then 2200 and very uncomfortably. Some of those seats have to be counting people standing up in the concession area. I hate to say it, but this regional isn't even worth taking the chance to go down for because there is a good chance you won't get in the door. And parking is a joke, there is a tiny lot for 50 cars behind the building, then pretty much only street parking after that. The streets getting in and out there are pretty small as well, that could be an adventure too. The more I think about this, and I was not too sure to begin with, the more I realize how dumb the NCAA's decision is.