SiouxSports.com Forum

sioux #2 seed

nickelboy

Better yet, what's the capacity of the arena as stated by the Fire Marshall?

If it takes 3 hours to get 4,000 people inside, I'm guessing the building wouldn't meet fire code to get them out.  :)  ;)

Good point. I was wondering the same thing.

It's really perplexing why NCAA DII throws away so much possible revenue.  :D

I'm not sure that this is enough for me to jump on the division I bandwagon, but I have to admit that I'm getting closer...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This JRent94 is quite the character. I have laughed as I read every one of his posts, could he be Bisonfan1234's brother??? As for my guess to somebison's question, I'll say 2500, and that is if they bring in 4 bleachers they took off their softball field to put behind each of the hoops, those look real good behind the basket and provide for great comfort as well. It's laughable that anyone would argue for having the tourney at CSP.

Well, Concordia will be hosting the region and because you the NCC will continue to cry and post little forums complaining about how everyone should bow down to you

Um, stupid..they probably should bow to the NCC. In the last 11 years, NDSU has won 4 NC's, UND 3 and SDSU 1 and and I believe the 3 years a NCC team has not won, they were the runner-up. Included in that were 2 OT losses where the NCC team blew big leads. I can't wait for a NCC team to blow CSP out of the water, if they even get to play them.

NBA huh, well for your information stat boy, Concordia has never held an NBA event, it was called the NCAA Slam Dunk Competition, but thanks for the insight! Hope you all have a wonderful day, it is nice to get a rise out of you all!!

First of all let me say that I am an NSIC fan but I also realize the the NCC women have been the dominant conference in D2 women's basketball in the recent past (and well earned). But you also need to realize that things are slowly changing. The NCC record this year against the NSIC was 26 - 18. Not exactly dominating.

Your conference champ was 2-2 vs the NSIC. Losses against Concordia and Duluth. Their 2 wins were a 4 point win at home against lowly Crookston and a 4 point win at Moorhead.

But with that being said, the NCC is tougher from top to bottom. Because of that teams improve more throughout the year than do the NSIC teams.

I saw the 2nd half of the Concordia-Duluth game on Saturday. Concordia lost one of their better players with an injury on Saturday and didn't impress me at all on Sunday. I think Duluth will beat them again. Duluth's best player who was injured for most of the year has been playing for the last several games.

I thought that since Concordia lost the conference tournament and lost a key player that the tournament would be elsewhere. It probably should have been in GF.

bbfan - your points are well-made and I appreciate your acknowledgement that most NCC teams likely improved significantly since many of the non-conference games were played before the first of the year.

I agree - most NSIC teams are improving each year.

I think JRent is someone who is obviously new and trying to get a rise out of this board, as he just created this name a few days ago...hmmm could it be our old great rival trying to get a rise out of the SIOUX...i would guess so....irregardless, NSIC will enjoy watching the championship game cuz they wont be in it, good thing your team will get a tourney pass so they wont have to buy a ticket....

Should we have a "board pool".  Instead of guessing how many jelly beans are in a jar we can guess what the Gangelhoff Center will actually hold.  I am going to go with an intermediate number... how about 2,200. 

anybody else with a guess?

And the correct answer is...2506. Since the championship is on a Monday, I doubt that there will be more for that game. The UND-NDSU game had about 700 more than the Concordia-SDSU game.

BisonMav-

I take it you were at the game? Was it full? Could it have held any more? I thought about going, but there was no way I was going to risk not getting in after a 5-hour drive.

It wasn't full. There were empty seats on the ends. The main sections had a lot of space, people were not sitting shoulder to shoulder. The NDSU and UND fans were on the same side of the court, behind their own teams bench. Comparing the Friday crowd to Saturday, I don't see how they fit in 1900 more people.

The arena is a complete joke...one set of bathrooms for 2500 people, basically one concession stand with no selection (pop,hot dogs, popcorn, candy), they don't even give you ice or lids for your pop. The bleachers are old wooden ones brought in from the fb field. The only close parking was $5 with very few spaces. Numerous area high schools and small colleges have much better facilities. Devils Lake is a mecca compared to this. CSP had by far the least fans of the four teams on semis night. If they had more than 500 fans I would be shocked...embarrassing for a host school. SDSU had by far the most fans.

The arena is a complete joke...one set of bathrooms for 2500 people, basically one concession stand  with no selection (pop,hot dogs, popcorn, candy), they don't even give you ice or lids for your pop.  The bleachers are old wooden ones brought in from the fb field.  The only close parking was $5 with very few spaces.  Numerous area high schools and small colleges have much better facilities.  Devils Lake is a mecca compared to this.  CSP had by far the least fans of the four teams on semis night.  If they had more than 500 fans I would be shocked...embarrassing for a host school.  SDSU had by far the most fans.

Teamsioux, I've got 2 questions for you. How was the ticket situation, tough getting them, stand in a long line, etc. And was there a good Sioux contingent down there last night? Thanks.

Tickets were no problem and would be no problem for monday night either. I was rather disappointed in the Sioux crowd. Sat was okay, but not a great turn out. I seen just as many people if not more for the regular season game in Brookings. A LOT of regulars were not here. There was a decent turnout with local area alumni Sat night. I am kind of worried how many will be here Monday. Hopefully a few can come down. With spring break I would hope there will be a few students who grew up here will come to the game. SDSU has a very nice group here.