SiouxSports.com Forum

Sign Article in the Herald

MinnesotaNorthStar

At the 2nd intermission today, Ryan Bakken approached me and asked if he could interview me for a article he was doing for the Herald about them (the signs). I'm suppossed to call him Monday morning for it. What I am asking for is which signs you all thought were the best ones, as he wants to "feature" a couple of them in the article. I have my favorite (Jones Zone :lol: ), but I'd like to know what you all thought we're your favorites as well.

Yane...forecheck is going to email me your name, so you can get proper credit for all the work you put into making these for the games this year.

All in all it was a great year in the student section. Thank you to all who threw out ideas whether they were used or not (special shout out to Diggler, a lot of good ideas...I'll see what I can do about mentioning your name too). Cheerleaders, my name will be in the article...look me up :) (shameless plug). And to all in my section...forecheck, Sauce, Iowa, Jackie, Kristen, Ari, Carpar, Katie, April, Ziggler, and Richard (only names I knew...sorry if you were around us and not listed ??? ), thanks...GREAT times.

If anyone wants to email me about them...Flar271@hotmail.com

Go Sioux!!!!

Jones for Hobey!!!

I'm NorthStar and I'm out :)

Go me! I'm gonna get mentioned in a paper and it won't be in the police arrests for the week. ???

Also I'm turning this into the sign thread for next week before I foprget all my brilliant ideas. :lol:

Dora: Try a weedwhacker on that unibrow.

or

Dora:

easygrip_rollon.gif

Use it.

I see your Schwartz is not as big as mine.

Who names their kid Taggert?

oh man, Nair!?!?! he just have one heck of an Unibrow. Maybe you should put together something that would have the unibrow disappering and reappering, via some lever in the back. Either that or get a big poster of Shaver ads and get everybody to shout "Norelco" at him.

Either way, be better than what your band came up with. ???

2.jpg

*just for the record, I didn't touch the band sign at the hotel until after the girl I was with ripped it down. And that was because we was drunk and egging her on.*

Well we didn't need those anymore, so we figured we'd hang them up. Doesn't matter if you didn't touch them first, who ever it was that ripped them down didn't have to be an ass. You could have at least give them back to us, instead of lying and saying you didn't have them at all, even though we saw you rip them down and run into that room. Real class there, guys.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. :);)

Step 1. Find yourself a fat chick.

Step 2. Apply liberally with alcohol.

Step 3. Take home and enjoy.

Just remember, Fat girls are just like mopads. They are fun to ride until your friends see you. :lol:;);)

Grand Forks residents:

If you're at a convenience store the day North Star goes Hollywood (has his interview published) & can't find a single issue of the Herald available, rest assured that he probably bought all remaining issues so he could impress the local chicks. We must all remember that his quest for a babe supercedes your desire to read the daily obits or some lame article about sugar beets. ???

Grand Forks residents:

If you're at a convenience store the day North Star goes Hollywood (has his interview published) & can't find a single issue of the Herald available, rest assured that he probably bought all remaining issues so he could impress the local chicks.

Good idea, I hadn't thought of it. :lol:

We must all remember that his quest for a babe supercedes your desire to read the daily obits or some lame article about sugar beets.  :)

So, it is, isn't it?............ ???

NorthStar:

Well, I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity! Glad you like the "Jones Zone" sign.

There was a letter to the editor in yesteday's Herald that also mentioned the clever signs.

I'm kicking myself for not keeping a list of all the signs I made. Is this board archived so that we could look at the old posts? [edited to say, yeah, it's archived and I've printed out the old sign threads so now I have my list]. Kirk's pictures from the Minnesota series show a bunch of the signs I and others made, perhaps that would refresh our recollection.

My personal favorite is the "Crappie/Crappy" Gophers sign or maybe one of the first signs,"Greene: 2:00 for Eaves-dropping" from the BC series or "Yale University Founded 1794 [i think that's the right year]; Losted 2003." Also partial to the edgier "Couldn't Carry Zach's Jock (or fill it)" and "I got 2:00 for hooking; Mom got 5 years." I've got a couple dozen of the old signs in my spare room and I could look through them tonight. Any possibility the Herald would publish NorthStar's picture holding up one of the "Favorites"? I know I still have the "Crappie/Crappy" and "Jock" and "Mom" signs, so let me know if you want to pose with any of those.

I just got off the phone with him. Right away I told him that Yane made the signs and mentioned SiouxSports as the place where ideas float around. Yane, your post couldn't have been more timely (dunker's too). I mentioned every sign that you guys listed, plus several more that I could tink of. He thought I had a list made out cause I was just rattling off signs we've had in the past. He also wanted to know which ones had been censored (Banners, Not Manners and Fix the Huskies) and I told him about the 5 years for Hooking one too. He laughed at almost everyone I told him about. I think he said it will be in the paper tomorrow.

Thanks to those who shared their inputs....now back to your regularily scheduled sign thread.....