SiouxSports.com Forum

Chase for the Cup Friday Night

dagies

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the boos that Kupchella recieved from the fans when Bruce McCloud mentioned his name? :D

He deserves it. He didn't do anything to help the Sioux win the title...he doesn't deserve to have his name mentioned.

Tech owns the Cup. If they leave the WCHA, they take it with them.

I'm assuming that the CCHA has their own trophy. At some point, I can see Mich Tech going back to that league (flip flop with Omaha). Would they sell the Mac to the WCHA? Store it? Or would the CCHA start using it?

What's going on with Dean's family that Tim is talking about?

Well we all know about his daughters sickness which she has seemed to overcome, but I hope I am wrong on this.......does his wife have a disease as well?

God I hope not.

The WCHA and CCHA wouldn't both use it. If the WCHA couldn't convince Tech to leave it behind the WCHA would have to find something else. This came up several years ago when there was speculation that Tech would leave after Northern bolted for the CCHA.

The WCHA and CCHA wouldn't both use it. If the WCHA couldn't convince Tech to leave it behind the WCHA would have to find something else. This came up several years ago when there was speculation that Tech would leave after Northern bolted for the CCHA.

I'm not sure I get your point. Just because Tech has a cup from 20+ years ago the WCHA would have to find a different one if Tech bolts???

I believe the Cup belongs to Tech. They can take their Cup and go home if they want to.

Correct. They took it to the CCHA when the left the WCHA in 1981 and brought it back in 1984 when they rejoined the WCHA. The WCHA does not own the cup... it belongs to Tech.

Correct. They took it to the CCHA when the left the WCHA in 1981 and brought it back in 1984 when they rejoined the WCHA. The WCHA does not own the cup... it belongs to Tech.

Hey, Schmitzzz

My point was that the WCHA would still be entitled to award the MacNaughton in future years even if Tech were to leave. I believe Michigan won a few MacNaughtons while in the WCHA & I don't see the CCHA awarding the MacNaughton Cup now. I think we're on completely different wavelengths on this issue.

Anyway, important thing is the Sioux won tonight.