SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches how. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or US College Hockey Online. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

Live from Joe DiMaggio's Restaurant in beautiful downtown Grand Forks. Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Coach Dean Blais.

Last week, Blais got on Swyg for predicting that UMD would sweep the Sioux. Blais suggested an opening moment of silence for Swyg, who said,

Edited by PCM

Thanks as always PCM. I knew he would play J Par again, but I would have liked some confirmation that he will ride Brandt when it counts. It is too bad Blais didn't offer any real suggestions for the atmosphere. Talking about the Badger fans hints at the students standing, but it would have been great if he said that explicitly.

You sure you don't mean Vladislav Tretiak?  Tikhonov was the old man coach. :ohmy:

Other then that, good job.  :D

What are you, some kind of a history major? :D

What'd Hennessy just say about being a fan rather than a critic? ???

Now run along and play in the street like a good boy. ;)

PS: Those Russian names all sound the same to me. ;)

Thanks as always PCM. I knew he would play J Par again, but I would have liked some confirmation that he will ride Brandt when it counts. It is too bad Blais didn't offer any real suggestions for the atmosphere. Talking about the Badger fans hints at the students standing, but it would have been great if he said that explicitly.

I think UND can beat MTU with JPar since he already shut them out this season.

I think some need to cut JPar some slack he is quite able. Beside Brandt can't play them all, nor should he need too, JPar is JJ from Minnesota.

The way I'd interpret Blais' answer about goaltending this weekend is that Brandt will play on Friday and Jordan Parise will play on Saturday. That's not what he said, but it's what I'm thinking he'll do.

Perhaps Ziegelmann will be the backup goalie each night. That way, if the Sioux get a big lead, Blais can put him in. I don't see much reason to start Ziegelmann at this point of the season.

Thanks PCM, I didn't have the patience to listen to the whole show because of that hypnotizing noise that was making me good to sleep during Coach Glas's portion of the show.

Yeah, just when you thought the technical difficulties with sound on that show couldn't get any more annoying, they managed to take it to a new level. ???

By the time Blais came on, the noise wasn't as bad, but it was still there.

After reading PCM's post the fans really need to get into the games this weekend.

We need to show the players that we are supportting them and we are proud of them. C'mon Sioux fans! We are better than this! We need to be really loud this weekend! Get drunk if you have to! ???:D

GO SIOUX!

PCM, what were Zach comments after the 4-1 loss to CC?

I only heard part of them. To summarize what I heard and what others have said Zach said, he was angry at Kupchella and blamed him for creating a museum-like atmosphere in The Ralph.

C'mon Sioux fans! We are better than this! We need to be really loud this weekend!

That's right. The Sioux are playing for the WCHA title. Get so loud that I have to turn off my hearing aid. ???:D

Get drunk if you have to!

Does this apply to Sioux fans all across North America or just the ones at REA? :D

Kind of like the time my wife wanted a few of the empty beer cups from the Metrodome for something and she said to me as I was walking out the door on my way to a game, "Drink as many beers as you can today". Between the four of us we managed to bring back 23 cups (one guy quit at halftime to drive us home). At $5.50 per beer ($126.50 total) we figured that we could have purchased several cases of beer and just about any set of glasses she would have wanted and still come out ahead, but what kind of story would that have made? ???