SiouxSports.com Forum

Good-luck rituals

sioux fan in phoenix

I wouldn't start a thread like this if the Sioux were having a bad year, but because we're on the verge of something great, I was wondering what Sioux hockey fans do to bring their team luck. Some wear their favorite Sioux jersey, some drink alcohol, some rub rosary beads, some keep their fingers crossed the entire game, some pray, etc. I personally jot down the goals as they're scored & try to send the guys positive vibes; if I'm not doing these things I don't feel 100% into the game & the team might not do well as a result.

I'll admit, I'm one of the most superstitious people I know. In my playing days, I got dressed the same way every practice and game. I wear my jersey, same pants, and same hat to every game. Always have an MGD before the game (only games I didn't was Sat. BC and Fri. SCCC) and the overpriced Fan Special before the game.

Of course it doesn't stop....I have one or two more (I do still have to drive), then head to the bars after the game...where more are consumed. :lol:

I am usually just sitting by the computer...but at the Final Five I let my Dad drive, so I can get smashed!! ;)

We have been going together for 14 years...I remember getting out of school on Friday afternoon starting in grade school to go down to the Civic Center.

Before the faceoff, home or away, I always yell, "Light 'em Up." Depending on the score, to start the 2nd, "Pour it on" or "Take back the ice." With a lead going into the 3rd, "Shut the door!"

From here on out, I'll be wearing a rally hat--oops, I mean, a "Kickin' butt from 1st place in the Pairwise" hat--of my own design.

I also say a little prayer before the game: "Let my boys skate their best in a fairly called game.''

Guess that's about it--no drinking rituals though I am contemplating having champagne in Boston in early April. I stil have the empty bottle from Providence so that's a tradition I'd like to perpetuate.

My ritual for NCAA Hockey Tourney games is to watch it at Patrick McGoverns in St Paul. I watched last years game at Sensors and look how that turned out so I'm going back to McGoverns this year. The year we lost to BC I'm sure they are still talking about the "nut" who was running around like Kevin in Home Alone after we tied the game.

Hijack your wife and take her there. I have had to do that in the past. Give her food and make sure her glass is never empty and about an hour later they don't care where they are at. Just make sure she cheers for the correct team. Thats where your jersey comes in. She can refer to the colors on your jersey if there is some confusion.

Hijack your wife and take her there. I have had to do that in the past. Give her food and make sure her glass is never empty and about an hour later they don't care where they are at. Just make sure she cheers for the correct team. Thats where your jersey comes in. She can refer to the colors on your jersey if there is some confusion.

I just may have to do that... :D

She did go to Duluth for the weekend, and didn't mind going to 2 games, but I think hockey on TV is somehow extremely boring to her... ???

Northstar: Aren't you a graduate of a parochial school?

Yes, I am.

Then, you should know: God always answers prayers but sometimes the answer is "no."

Yes, I know.

I hate Totino-Grace ???

:D

UMDDogz...pick her up, throw her over you're shoulder, and go to Senser's. You may have to "owe" her, but would that be all bad? ;)

UMDDogz...pick her up, throw her over you're shoulder, and go to Senser's. You may have to "owe" her, but would that be all bad? ???

I probably already owe her for the weekend in Duluth...although, she does claim to be a Dogs fan.

I'm sure I can make it there one night...most likely Saturday.

And I'm sure you don't stop there...I have at least one per period! ???

Heck you can't afford to drink to many at the Ralph. Same with the X-cel Energy center. Must drink a few before the game.

Heck you can't afford to drink to many at the Ralph. Same with the X-cel Energy center. Must drink a few before the game.

True. Luckily, we have a hookup. We usually go w/ Sioux and Goofer fans to a nearby hotel rrom between games and drink to our hearts content, then stagger back to the arena for the night games. ???

True. Luckily, we have a hookup. We usually go w/ Sioux and Goofer fans to a nearby hotel rrom between games and drink to our hearts content, then stagger back to the arena for the night games. ???

Actually we found a great bar close to the X-Cel Energy Center last season that was a lot of fun I can't remember the name but they had an outside terrace and they served an awesome pizza. Maybe a Gopher fan can remind me what the name of the Bar was. The beer wasn't too expensive either.

Actually we found a great bar close to the X-Cel Energy Center last season that was a lot of fun I can't remember the name but they had an outside terrace and they served an awesome pizza. Maybe a Gopher fan can remind me what the name of the Bar was. The beer wasn't too expensive either.

I think I know which one you're talking about...can't remember the name either. My dad and I went to a small mom and pop pizza joint between the Saturday games last year...REALLY good food.

I think I know which one you're talking about...can't remember the name either. My dad and I went to a small mom and pop pizza joint between the Saturday games last year...REALLY good food.

The bar in question I by the restaraunt they call Chipolte or something like that.

Beware though the bar was full of Rodent fans. ???

I always watch at least part, if not the entire movie Slap Shot. Not only does it seem to bring the Sioux good luck it gets me in the "correct" frame of mind for the game!

The games which the Sioux lost this year were games that I did not have a chance to "put on the foil".

The bar in question I by the restaraunt they call Chipolte or something like that.

Beware though the bar was full of Rodent fans. ???

Hmmmm...there's quite a few Chipotle's in the TC area. ;) Every bar around there is Goopher country during that time.

For some reason I'm thinking it's called Tom Puck's or something like that (I know I'm probably not even close :D )