SiouxSports.com Forum

Please don't use this info for disrupting home ice

The Commodore

I had a little epiphany today... I had to find an E-mail address for a U of M student so I was using the UM directory on their website. While most colleges keep this information private, I was surprised to find that I only had to enter the first and last name of a current student and was rewarded with an E-mail address, home address, and phone number. I came to the startling realization that anyone who wants Vanek, Ballard, or Potulny's home address and telephone number has only to go to www.umn.edu, click on "people search," and start entering names. Please don't use this information to harass these players the night before a big game, and ESPECIALLY not before UND and UM play at the Final Five. Concerted all-night calling efforts and driving through neighborhoods with bullhorns can be illegal and we don't want anyone breaking the law. Piling dead gophers at anyone's doorstep can be a violation of harassment laws. I just wanted to share this information to make sure no one was using it for unsportsmanlike purposes.

UND fans - this is the kind of business that keeps giving you a bad name. This, and wasting everyone's time with your student summits declaring the right to swear at games...there is a great team in Grand Forks, the best arena, but way too may idiots thinking like this. Have fun and enjoy watching good hockey - not being stupid.

UND fans - this is the kind of business that keeps giving you a bad name. This, and wasting everyone's time with your student summits declaring the right to swear at games...there is a great team in Grand Forks, the best arena, but way too may idiots thinking like this. Have fun and enjoy watching good hockey - not being stupid.

I would help you find your sense of humor, but I guess you are too busy using it with the perm deal. :p

I'll never forget the time I got Brian Gionta and Scott Clemmenson to check to see if "Amanda Hugginkiss" was in the hotel bar the night before the 2000 Final ... :p:lol: Good times.

Basil - It was a joke... much like your hockey team. Now back sulk somewhere else.

Right. My point exactly. Don't waste everyone's time being stupid. As I said before, I want to make sure everyone knows that the aforementioned activities are stupid and illegal.

Of course, there is a good possibility this would all be irrelevant... once Denver eliminates UM in the first round of the WCHA playoffs. I'm just trying to head these problems off at the pass.

I've met just as many stupid Gopher fans as I've met Sioux fans. I wouldn't be surprised if I ran into this opposite thread on POI.

Bad name? We're the best fans in college hockey what are you talking about?