SiouxSports.com Forum

DII/NCC Wannabee's

fightin'su

I'm starting to believe that all these bison fans who talk smack here are , deep down , pissed off that they have gone D1AA and ruined their pre-concieved "college football experience". Few good home games , too far to go to away games, cheesy new conference and no UND game. Its like if I was hired away by a rival firm and got a big raise but yet always wanted to "hang-out" at my old firm , telling my former co-workers how great I have it , how they suck and are now inferior to me , even though they could care less about me since I left. Fellas, your just not DII anymore !! You need to put us behind you and join your fellow Bison fans. They'll welcome you with open arms.

Why does anyone care? :p

I agree. Some Sioux fans care to much what the Bison do. The move is a good one for the Bison, they are a football school and now are playing at the highest level they can. NDSU is just another I-AA team to the Sioux now; that just happens to be located close.

Are you kidding Cratter? NDSU-Football School?? Not in the 2000's. When was the last time the Fargodome hosted a playoff game, or when was the last time the "new" champions lounge was used, or what was your 2002 record? NDSU's move to D1AA should have been made in the 80's when they were actually decent, not now. Go ahead and keep patting yourselves on the back for that though. As far as Sioux fans wanting to be NDSU, wow. I'm sure that there are a lot of teams that would love 1 home football game and then have to travel 1500 miles to their next closest game.....feel the sarcasm. Thats ridiculous. Good luck generating revenue from that one home game, that's D-1 material. Football School--nice.

Do you (NDSU) have Miami and Florida State and Ohio State on the schedule next year for football? I thought that you were big time for going D1. How bout Grambling, at least they are D1AA.....no on that one too. I do agree with you guys on one thing though, no one wants to play NDSU. Except that you think that is because you beat Montana---good job, golf clap. The truth of that matter is that other teams have no reason to schedule you. It is worthless to play a provisional D1AA team. The only thing that can do is hurt that team. Good luck with those 30 more useless football scholarships that can't even get the top RB for ND.

How bout your actually good women's basketball team? Do they have UCONN and Tennessee on the schedule yet?.......No on that one too huh, that's to bad. Good luck scheduling anyone worth while. Unless Ruley sleeps with Pat Summitt, it's gonna be tough to schedule Tennessee, nice work.

How bout Grambling, at least they are D1AA.....no on that one too. ............

............Good luck with those 30 more useless football scholarships that can't even get the top RB for ND.

..........How bout your actually good women's basketball team? Do they have UCONN and Tennessee on the schedule yet?......

NDSU has played and beaten Grambling. NDSU is I-AA in football not I-A. This move will have the Bison playing the teams they were playing in the 1960's.

Don't have U Conn, or Tennessee, but Maryland and Marshall are on the Sked. That's a good start.

With the new regional alignment in DII, NDSU would have traveled to Washington and Oregon to play regional games. Might as well play in a conference and have those games count as conference games.

With the new regional alignment in DII, NDSU would have traveled to Washington and Oregon to play regional games.  Might as well play in a conference and have those games count as conference games.

Washington and Oregon?? hahaha yeah, maybe only the Bison could have been ranked lower than those teams and have to travel out there. Otherwise, its more likely y'all going to travel to Michigan for football playoff action. And I know how much you guys enjoy Hockey playoff action in Michigan. :lol::p

And I know how much you guys enjoy Hockey playoff action in Michigan. :D;)

I remember this hockey weekend in "The Joe" back in 1987 ... and against the defending champion Michigan State no less for the last game.

It ain't all good but it ain't all bad. :angry:

And quit talking hockey in here or you'll tick off some of the folks. :lol::p

Washington and Oregon?? hahaha yeah, maybe only the Bison could have been ranked lower than those teams and have to travel out there. Otherwise, its more likely y'all going to travel to Michigan for football playoff action. And I know how much you guys enjoy Hockey playoff action in Michigan. :lol::p

More detailed explanation to our GVSU fan.

If NDSU stayed Division II they would...

Travel to Washington to play DII Central Washington and DII Western Washington which are in the same region as the NCC and GLIAC.

Travel to Oregon to play DII Central Oregon, which is in the same region as the NCC and GLIAC.

Travel is not a big issue for the Great West Football Conference.

I'm sorry, I thought we was only talking about traveling in the playoffs. So I guess you was refering to the regular season tilt the NCC has signed up with the Great West. Of course, they did signed that deal AFTER NDSU and SDSU left the NCC and left everybody short 2 games. :lol: So, you're arguement is kinda weak I think. Besides, isn't your new football conferance suppost to be taking you all over the country? Cali? Utah? Colorado? ;):p

I'm sorry, I thought we was only talking about traveling in the playoffs. So I guess you was refering to the regular season tilt the NCC has signed up with the Great West. Of course, they did signed that deal AFTER NDSU and SDSU left the NCC and left everybody short 2 games. :lol: So, you're arguement is kinda weak I think. Besides, isn't your new football conferance suppost to be taking you all over the country? Cali? Utah? Colorado? ;):p

The regional alignment was just a comparision, not a reason why things happened the way they did. I would rather the Bison travel to play UCD and Cal Poly, that means we get home games against them too. Didn't GVSU have a home and home with UCD in the past? UNC also left the NCC, not just SDSU and NDSU. Colorado has been a travel site for quite a few years. Utah will be new. GVSU probably won't have to worry about anymore Florence trips with the UND in their region now.

The regional alignment was just a comparision, not a reason why things happened the way they did. I would rather the Bison travel to play UCD and Cal Poly, that means we get home games against them too. Didn't GVSU have a home and home with UCD in the past? UNC also left the NCC, not just SDSU and NDSU. Colorado has been a travel site for quite a few years. Utah will be new. GVSU probably won't have to worry about anymore Florence trips with the UND in their region now.

you are crazy! GVSU will be in Florence again!!!!!!!!

OOT

I just dont know for sure. Both GVSU & UND will be major powerhouses again. It will be fun to watch. I cannot even begin to imagine who will be in Florence next fall! All I know is that the D2 champs will be either GVSU or UND.

I honestly do not have a clue as to what to expect from TAMUK & UNA!

OOT

Once again, as i mentioned before, I am not that familiar with TAMUK & UNA, so I dont know how good they will be next year.

All I know is that it would be cool to kinda "keep them all together" meaning have the long hard road to Florence involve GVSU, UND, UNA, and TAMUK.

Not sure this is possible, but ill be happy as long as we face any one of those teams. FORGET ABOUT SAGINAW WE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEM!!!!!

OOT

hey bisonmav- just because you couldn't beat the sioux, it doesn't mean nobody can

UND had a good team last year, and are returning a lot of players and their coach.

If UND plays the way they did last year, they should have no problem with the region. If there is a let down in the Grand Cities, then of course they won't. GVSU didn't play UND at the Alerus either. UND would have won in Grand Forks.

bisonmav- i don't want to take anything away from UND- they are obviously one of the best d2 football programs in the country and have been for awhile. i am not sure how you can say with such confidence that UND would have beaten gvsu in the alerus center, though. it would be a great game to watch. have you seen gv play? they did win 3 straight playoff road games last year on their way to the finals for the third straight time. one thing is for sure bisonmav- we would surely woop up on the bison in your fargo dome.

bisonmav- i don't want to take anything away from UND- they are obviously one of the best d2 football programs in the country and have been for awhile. i am not sure how you can say with such confidence that UND would have beaten gvsu in the alerus center, though. it would be a great game to watch. have you seen gv play? they did win 3 straight playoff road games last year on their way to the finals for the third straight time. one thing is for sure bisonmav- we would surely woop up on the bison in your fargo dome.

How many wins were in a dome?

I saw GVSU play on TV.

I doubt GVSU could beat the Bison this year.

We have open dates, schedule us.

no wins were in a dome and i am sure you can guess why. did ndsu make the playoffs last year? just because you are now 1aa does not make you good all of a sudden. i still think that UND will get the better players in nd when it comes to recruiting because i belive most athletes would rather compete for a national championship than go to a mediocre 1aa school. especially since it isn't anymore glamorous than div 2 is and you will be on post season probation for awhile.