SiouxSports.com Forum

Which Goalie Would You Play?

Fedorov

Which goalie would you put as #1 for the playoffs?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which goalie would you put as #1 for the playoffs?

• Brandt
    • J Par

Brandt, no doubt or questions in my mind. He's proven he will come through in big games, with big wins, as long as Blais shows some real confidence in him...instead of saying one thing (Brandt is our #1) and doing another (Starting Parise more often).

7-0 for Brandt...good to see some people actually supprting the right guy...now if we could just convince Blais :lol: .

Could we add a choice? How about Brandt, Parise, or one of those orange cones from a construction site. After last weekend I am not sure which one I would choose.

I was tempted to throw Bina in as a choice for all of the shots he blocks, but then I would be forced to include Foyt. :lol:

Brandt has the experience but i would go with JPar any day. Brandt has the tendency to go down and flop and teams have figured it out. Also, when Jake lets in a bad goal it seems to go in streaks. The last thing that makes me nervous is the fact that he doesn't always control the rebound and with the way the defense has played lately that is a scary combination. JPar has good position, generally does control the rebound, and helps get the puck moving. He definetly is young and has his faults but if you are looking for consistency you can depend on him more.

I have always thought that Brandt is the goalie of destiny for this dynasty. Hopefully he'll prove me right, and Blais especially for keeping him around while scrapping all the others over the last few years. He's got a great deal of confidence in Brandt and I think when it comes down to the NCAAs Brandt will step in and shine. He's come a long way, and all of CB's teachings will be put to use...just like in the Karate Kid! :lol:

Seriously, he'll do it. I've said it all year. He's going to step in and take an 8th banner for the team. As long as we play well in front of him I think he will silence nonbelievers and brick wall-it-up. :huh: I'm waiting for it...you're waiting for it...Coach Blais is waiting for it...It's going to happen!

I would have to go with Jordan on this one. Sorry to say, but Jake hasn't been playing all that well lately (when he plays at all). Jordan, on the other hand, has been showing a lot of skill at his position and has been playing very well (except for the loss last Sat., but we all have our bad days). It seems to me that CB may have made his choice on who the starting goalie will be from here on out and I have to say that I agree with his decision.

I would have to go with Jordan on this one. Sorry to say, but Jake hasn't been playing all that well lately (when he plays at all). Jordan, on the other hand, has been showing a lot of skill at his position and has been playing very well (except for the loss last Sat., but we all have our bad days). It seems to me that CB may have made his choice on who the starting goalie will be from here on out and I have to say that I agree with his decision.

OK, nobody played well vs. Wisconsin...except a few of the usual guys. CC didn't have a lot of quality chances on Friday...JPar played good, but it wasn't his best performance. On Saturday, he should have had 2 of those goals. You can't base this decision on these past two weekends. They have both been hung out to dry by poor defense.

IMHEO :lol: Brandt is the better goalie. Right now I don't know who will play in the playoffs, they are both capapble of having big games. I only give Brandt the nod over JPar at this point because of his proven experience (Denver and UMD last year)

Where is the obvious choice for us non UND fans? :huh:

I'd vote for the guy you'll have in nets in 4 years! :0

WPoS

You want Brandt, so we can play you in the Final Five. That way you actually have a chance to win...given that we're you REAL #1 rival :0:0

Not that it matters who plays against you...we'll smoke you anyways :lol:

Has not been playing well? Can you give an example? He was fantastic against Minnesota in the Friday night win, and has had only 1 start since, the Friday night game against Wisconsin. He made one bad mistake in that game, the 2nd goal, that probably cost the game. However, he has not even had 1 bad outing this year unless you count the Wisconsin game.

Parise, on the other hand, played poorly on Saturday night in Wisconsin and played poorly against CC this last Saturday, both losses. He also gave up 3 goals in the 1st 5 minutes against St. Cloud in St. Cloud.

I was never sold on Brandt until this year. However, he clearly has played better this year.

There should be a choice for both. I still say we need both goalies playing well. Who says you need one goalie thoughout the whole playoffs. Seem to recall that we did OK when both Karl and Kollar rotated up to the Final Four.

WHEN we get to the final four, I vote for Brandt on experience alone. Until then, I vote that we get both in the rotation.