SiouxSports.com Forum

Fair Weather Fans

Carl Spackler

I really think people need to stop for a second and look at what we have here.

The Sioux are a great team playing in great conference. They are NOT going to win every night. Just because they had a torrid pace going in WCHA wins, let's not forget the talent by which this league is comprised.

So I say get off the Monday morning quarterback thing and quit second guessing the coaches and players. Most, if not all, of us have never suited up in a WCHA game, though some of us have played at a highly competitive level (in my case Bloomington Jefferson); but high school hockey or any other amateur hockey is a far cry for the grind of WCHA hockey week in and week out! There are far too many good things about Sioux Hockey than to be a pi$$ and moan fan...we can leave that to the fans of the WCHA team in Minneapolis! :(:)

Let's be fans of this team and support them win or loose, not bash them every time they loose! Here's to looking forward at this weekend series at MSU-Mankato not back to games already in "the books"!!

GO SIOUX! ???

I really think people need to stop for a second and look at what we have here.

The Sioux are a great team playing in great conference.  They are NOT going to win every night.  Just because they had a torrid  pace going in WCHA wins, let's not forget the talent by which this league is comprised.

So I say get off the Monday morning quarterback thing and quit second guessing the coaches and players.  Most, if not all, of us have never suited up in a WCHA game, though some of us have played at a highly competitive level (in my case Bloomington Jefferson); but high school hockey or any other amateur hockey is a far cry for the grind of WCHA hockey week in and week out!  There are far too many good things about Sioux Hockey than to be a pi$$ and moan fan...we can leave that to the fans of the WCHA team in Minneapolis! :(  :) 

Let's be fans of this team and support them win or loose, not bash them every time they loose!  Here's to looking forward at this weekend series at MSU-Mankato not back to games already in "the books"!!

GO SIOUX! ???

I dig Carl!

I was a freshman in 1982 and saw (on TV, of course) the Sioux win their 4th NC after losing 12 or 13 games that year, including a disastrous 2-game collapse against Sconny for the WCHA tournament championship (2 game, total goal series back in those days). Someone may have the correct scores, but I believe the Sioux headed into the NCAA tourney that year fresh off of losses of 8-0 and 4-1 (not exactly confidence-boosting goaltending). But they believed in themselves and totally dominated the NCAA tournament, including the title game against The Red Menace.

Based on how they come out firing on Fridays, it seems as though this is a team that believes in itself, and anything can happen in a one-game-and-out format.

Keep carrying the green & white flag, Carl, even if you're just the assistant greens keeper :0

Boy, this is the "feel good" thread of the day. I'm so pumped up after reading your inspiring posts that I'm headed out to Blockbuster so I can can rent Rudy, Hoosiers & every other "feel good" movie out there. :)

Just wondering, Carl: How does a guy from Bloomington wind up cheering for the Sioux? Did a Gopher player not autograph your stick when you were 5 & you're carrying a grudge to this day? ???

Boy, this is the "feel good" thread of the day. I'm so pumped up after reading your inspiring posts that I'm headed out to Blockbuster so I can can rent Rudy, Hoosiers & every other "feel good" movie out there. :(

Just wondering, Carl: How does a guy from Bloomington wind up cheering for the Sioux? Did a Gopher player not autograph your stick when you were 5 & you're carrying a grudge to this day? ;)

Perhaps my post is somewhat inspired by the movies Miracle and Radio which I have recently watched. But this is my $0.02. :0

Never been a Gopher fan though I had former teammates who played there. I had several other friends and coaches who went to UND and once I found out I could pursue flying at UND and watch the Best College hockey team in the country (Fighting Sioux :) ) at the same college my allegiance the UND was a simple choice. ???

GO SIOUX!

Thanks Carl, these punks that are jumping ship need to have a rock tied to them. When we are hanging up that 8th green banner in the Ralph they'll be freezing outside knocking on the doors.

There is no way Dean-o will let this talented team go into the pot.

Keep the faith! Go Sioux!

Never been a Gopher fan though I had former teammates who played there. I had several other friends and coaches who went to UND and once I found out I could pursue flying at UND and watch the Best College hockey team in the country (Fighting Sioux :) ) at the same college my allegiance the UND was a simple choice. ???

GO SIOUX!

Every team has a few games where a weaker team comes out and beats them with good goaltending. The Fri. night game in WI was the only 'bad' loss. They outplayed CC on Sat. night, guess what ____ happens. Every person on this board that played hockey knows this happens more in hockey than any sport. A hot goalie can be the difference between winning and losing.

This weekend should help the Sioux get some confidence back, I don't think Kato has had good goaltending or defense this year. It seems like they consistently lose 9-6. What sucks is having to fight out Duluth for 1st this year. Duluth has always had the funnest fans, and a former Sioux coach. It makes them tough to hate... wait forgot about Junior "retard" Lessard and Peluso.

I hope your not a NWA pilot Carl, anybody that into Bill Murray's Caddyshack character should not be behind the controls of a passenger jet, flying makes me nervous enough without having Carl Spackler as my pilot. :(