SiouxSports.com Forum

Robbie Bina

Cratter

Good for Robbie. Sounds like a guy you can really root for.

I agree, got to love a 5'8" player that plays more like he is 6' tall. My assessment of him is that Robbie tough as nails and plays with a lot of heart, has some nice offensive skills.

What Bina lacks in size, he makes up for in hustle, grit, and determination. I've loved his play so far this year, and hope it continues.

I thought Bina did pretty good tonight. Very aggressive player, but very good. What he lacked in decision making in the first few games he played, he has improved upon greatly.

It didn't seem like Bina played as much as he usually does last night. I would expect the opposite after his great weekend in Madison. I also don't understand the purpose of sitting the fourth line most of the game. I'm sure Massen and Hale were jealous they didn't get to ride the bench all night. :D

Finally people are discovering what I found out last year :) Even though Robbie is small in size, his heart and skill are equal to a player 6'0.

Starz Fan, what kind of offensive numbers did Bina put up when he was down there? I remember watching him in high school, he was a very offensive D-man, I always wondered why he didn't move up to forward with his size and skill. That is until this year, he is probably the strongest player on the team (taking size into account). He is the only D-man that rarely gets a shot blocked, he sees the ice really well. If he continues to develop he may be the "offensive D-man" the Sioux have been lacking. I'd still put my money on Radke filling that role next year, but I can see Bina having a good offensive year also.