SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Volleyball Schedule

SiouxVolley

To add a few more dates for conference (and using UNC has a travel guide for most of it)

9/25 Eastern Washington

9/27 Idaho

10/3 @ Montana

10/4 @ Montana State

10/10 @ Weber State

10/11 @ Idaho State

10/16 Portland State

10/18 @ UNC

10/23 NAU

10/25 SUU

10/30 @ Sac State

11/1 UNC

11/6 Montana State

11/8 Montana

11/13 @ Idaho

11/15 @ Eastern Washington

Our division is Montana, MSU, Idaho, UNC, and Eastern. I like that we get PSU and NAU in our gym.

To add a few more dates for conference (and using UNC has a travel guide for most of it)

9/25 Eastern Washington

9/27 Idaho

10/3 @ Montana

10/4 @ Montana State

10/10 @ Weber State

10/11 @ Idaho State

10/16 Portland State

10/18 @ UNC

10/23 NAU

10/25 SUU

10/30 @ Sac State

11/1 UNC

11/6 Montana State

11/8 Montana

11/13 @ Idaho

11/15 @ Eastern Washington

Our division is Montana, MSU, Idaho, UNC, and Eastern. I like that we get PSU and NAU in our gym.

Thanks. I've been wanting to know this for a long time.

Tom Miller article

The eight-team volleyball championship will be held at the site of the regular-season champion. Last season, the tournament was held at the site of the regular-season champion from the previous year and just six teams advanced.

Next year, volleyball will be split into two six-team divisions for the regular season. Teams will play each team in their division twice, each team in the other division once, creating 16 conference matches.

Assuming this means that UND misses out on hosting the 2014-2015 season unless it wins again this year?

Tom Miller article

Assuming this means that UND misses out on hosting the 2014-2015 season unless it wins again this year?

Under the old system, UND would not have hosted the 2014 volleyball championship, because Portland St. won the tie-breaker. I fully anticipate that UND will host the VB before too long, though.

Under the old system, UND would not have hosted the 2014 volleyball championship, because Portland St. won the tie-breaker. I fully anticipate that UND will host the VB before too long, though.

You are correct, completely forgot about that. Almost makes me feel a little better that is the case and it doesn't change in a year they would have been in line to host.

You are correct, completely forgot about that. Almost makes me feel a little better that is the case and it doesn't change in a year they would have been in line to host.

Yes, I agree. It was almost as if the new format was already in place last season, since the regular season champ got to host.

• 2 weeks later...

Its out:

http://www.undsports...TCLID=209522949

2014 Schedule (by the numbers):

*32 matches

*16 Big Sky matches

*16 non-conference matches

*12 home matches (at Betty Engelstad Sioux Center)

*4 matches against Dakota schools (2- South Dakota, 1- South Dakota State and North Dakota State).

*3 matches against teams from "Power 5" conferences (SEC- Auburn, Mississippi State; Big Ten- Iowa)

*1 match apiece against Portland State (co-reg. season champ) and Idaho State (Big Sky tourney champ)

Actual schedule:

http://www.undsports...387&SPSID=58556

Its out:

http://www.undsports...TCLID=209522949

2014 Schedule (by the numbers):

*32 matches

*16 Big Sky matches

*16 non-conference matches

*12 home matches (at Betty Engelstad Sioux Center)

*4 matches against Dakota schools (2- South Dakota, 1- South Dakota State and North Dakota State).

*3 matches against teams from "Power 5" conferences (SEC- Auburn, Mississippi State; Big Ten- Iowa)

*1 match apiece against Portland State (co-reg. season champ) and Idaho State (Big Sky tourney champ)

Actual schedule:

http://www.undsports...387&SPSID=58556

Middle Tennessee must have pulled out of the tournament at the Betty. It's unusual to play USD and Tulane twice in a 3 team tournament.