SiouxSports.com Forum

Flavored Beers

Fetch

Had the pleasure of visiting Dogfish Head Brewery in Milton, DE (as seen on the TV show Brewmasters) last weekend. While I wouldn't regularily drink all of them most were great beers. Unfortunatley, you can't buy it in ND, SD or MN yet. Their average beer is 9% alcohol by volume so they definitely pack a punch.

Summer Shandy is very good, as I am enjoying one right now. Definitely enjoy a Spotted Cow whenever my dad can get it (I wonder if he got some when he went through Wisconsin last) and yuengling is pretty good (our neighbor got us some when she went to PA one summer, however she accidentally got us light beer :crazy: ). I enjoy the Shock Top with Raspberry Wheat.

When my girlfriend drinks beer, she enjoys a pear beer cider (Magners I believe its called).

Hey I'm going to my sons wedding in Ft Collins Colo in a couple weeks - I know he has a couple micro breweries he loves - any other must see things around there

Estes Park isn't too far away, definitely worth a visit and if you have time to kill you can check out Rocky Mountain National Park which is right next to Estes.

Boulder is also close and Pearl Street is a unique experience. Definitely a fun town to visit. Just park your car and you can walk up and down Pearl Street for a few hours. They also have a handful of microbreweries right off Pearl Street with pretty decent beer. If you're a margarita kind of guy, go to the Rio in Boulder. There is a limit of 3 margaritas per customer because they're so delicious and pretty strong.